1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma options questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jetman1979, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Apr 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    Jetman1979

Jetman1979 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    Ok I traded my 2010 Tundra for a 2009 Tacoma. I do not know but I think I have the base model. Here is what it has you tell me what trim I have. It is a 2.7 manual access cab 4x4. I have air condition, power windows,one cd am fm radio,2 speed wipers,a back up camera but no display in the mirror.i have cruise control,tilt wheel,power door locks and thats about it pretty base IMO.
    I see no SR5 badge on it like what was on my Tundra. I assume the SR5 has some extras like fog lights. Please help me out. One thing I want to know does my truck have any kind of locker in the back?

2. Apr 4, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    No locker, no LSD, I don't think the RCs come with the SR5 option. I don't even think they come with backup cameras, but I think someone might have installed it and ran the cable to a head unit,

3. Apr 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Banned from the Pics Thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed
    By the sounds of it you got a base model, going by the 2 speed wipers. As far as lockers...you don't have one otherwise you'd see a button that says "RR Diff Lock" under and to the left of the steering wheel.

4. Apr 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    Jetman1979

Jetman1979 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma 4X4
    OK I did not find a locker button only a clutch bypass button. I want a locker on the back. I did find out for some reason Toyota put the camera in the back of all there Tacos and they are wired all the way to the front mirror but that is were it ends:confused:

5. Apr 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    With the 2.7, the SR5 package would have in addition to your list: adjustable lumbar support driver's seat (via round knob), extendable ridiculously thick sun visors, intermittent wipers, power mirrors, body-painted front bumper and fender flares (not unpainted black), and tinted rear windows with a rear slider. There's more than one SR5 package too so it could also include alloy wheels and the backup camera, among other things. All access/double cabs have power windows regardless of trim line.

Toyota never gives the 4 cylinders fog lights from the factory. I want to slap whoever made that decision.

No factory lockers on any four cylinder or '09-up V6.

Sounds like someone already spent the dough to put in the cruise control. I did that with my base '09 as it was literally plug-and-play. Best mod I ever did to that truck.

All '09-up tailgates have that camera and the wiring, but only the upper trims get the Gentex mirror to run it. You have the option of purchasing one, again plug-and-play.

6. Apr 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    03f5sp

03f5sp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road dcsb
    Front 5100s @ 2.5, 1.5 AAL, 265/75-16 all terrains
    Since the camera and wiring are all there, could he easily swap the mirror and be able to utilize the camera?

7. Apr 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    texascolt45

texascolt45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    groves texas
    Vehicle:
    prerunner 4 cylinder
    wheels,bilsteins,side bars
    my 2009 4 cylinder base prerunner had the backup cam and wiring run but nothing inside.i got the camera out and just plugged the wires with the plug in the glove box.

Products Discussed in

To Top