1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma TSBs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by m303803, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    m303803

m303803 [OP] Member

Member:
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    2009 SR5 V6 4x4 Tacoma
    Hey all - First of all this is a great site. Very glad I found it.

Earlier this year I bought a dealer owned used 2009 SR5 V6 4X4 6Spd black with 6500mi on it. Looks very much like yours BlackSandPearl!

I now have 16k miles on it and have really started looking it over for the first time since I bought it as I've recently had a lot of time on my hands. I had the 10kmi maintenance performed at a local mech's place...no big deal. I'd like to start doing some work myself however.

Couple of observations:

1) The clutch pedal is RIDICULOUSLY squeaky. I found it's worse when it is warm and worse when I am slowly engaging the clutch. I have seen a few notes about this but all the TSB's referenced were for older Taco's. Is mine covered as well under the same TSB?

2) Inside the passenger side dashboard area there is a very annoying buzz indicative of two pieces of material rubbing against eachother or something along those lines that is very speed/power specific. I can turn the buzz on or off by changing gears / accelerating / decelerating...like it has very specific speed zones where it resonates and makes noise. Has anyone else noticed a passenger side dash board rattle/buzz?

3) I just learned about TSB's today when I found this site. Is there anyone out there who knows of any MUST HAVE TSB fixes I should get for my 2009 before my 36k mi warranty runs out?

The truck is badass so far...not too happy w/ the gas mileage (i only get ~18 or so and i do mostly highway). Need to read up how to get better on this site...

Thanks!
    BK

2. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I fixed my passenger side buzzing with a few zipties around the wires behind the glove box.

3. Jan 24, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 Guest

Do a search for:

"Rear spring TSB"

and "Dash Rattle"

also do the leather arm rest mod!

welcome to TW !!

Products Discussed in

To Top