1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Toyota Tacoma Stereo harness NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by amontez, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Dec 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM
    amontez

amontez [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma - Regular Cab - 2wd - manual - base model
    Just got a tacoma last week and decided to replace the stock stereo and wire in a double din touchscreen stereo. Well I ran into some difficulty buying a harness to plug into the stock clips where one clip works in the power/front speakers end, but the other doesn't have the same hook up (its a metra universal toyota '87 and up harness). I wonder if this is because I have a regular cab where there are no rear speakers. Can anyone confirm that? It's caused a lot of confusion. Is the door speaker and upper door tweeter wired together? Perhaps there a different type of harness out there?

Alternatively I guess I can just cut crimp the wires together to the aftermarket stereo harness. I can also upload photos tomorrow if requested.

2. Dec 9, 2016 at 10:13 PM
    Purpleman

Purpleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anaheim
    Vehicle:
    15 PreRunner
    The bigger harness is power, ground, accessory and front speakers. The smaller harness is rear speakers and illumination. Front speakers and tweeters have the same signal source. If you're adding rear speakers, wire them to the aftermarket radio harness.

Products Discussed in

To Top