1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 TRD Sport Lug Nut replacements?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by acharney, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Nov 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    acharney

acharney [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Does anyone have a link or know where to buy replacement lug nuts for the 17" sport rims? The OEM lug nuts are crap, and no lug wrenches will fit half of my bolts because they have warped or something (even though to the eye they look fine). I only found this out when I got a flat on Monday and couldn't take the wheel off because the lug wrench wouldn't fit half the bolts. -Not fun.

I've since gone to three different auto part stores and tried 5 different lug wrenches and none of them fit all the bolts right (either won't go on at all or too much play), and none of them had replacement nuts for the TRD sport.

If anyone knows of a place to by replacement lug nuts for the TRD Sport please post a link. Thanks!

2. Nov 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    i would just go back and buy them from the dealership...just make sure that youre using a 21mm socket.

3. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    acharney

acharney [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Yeah, that seems like the only option I have right now. But I'd really rather get some good ones than the cheap lug nuts Toyota appears to be using. I'll just end up having the same problem every few years, having to buy new lug nuts because of just rotating tires. That seems ridiculous. Surely someone knows a place that sells decent after market lug nuts the correct size for these wheels, right? Anyone??

4. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    I just picked some up from ebay. They seemed to fit fine. I don't have any long term durability testing with them though since I just put them on a couple weeks ago. Let me check and see if I still have the seller's name.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...
    ok, I found the seller. It's "tuneshop". They had decent prices and free shipping so I thought it was a good deal.

6. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    The stock lug nuts are a nut inside a nut which is what causes the warping and sockets not to fit. I bought the replacements from discount tire. SO MUCH BETTER!

7. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.

buy them from Wheelers off road!! i just did this about 3 weeks ago. my offroad used the shorter ones. your sport uses the long ones. to tell you the truth, when i got the wheelers ones, i googled the partnumber and found them cheaper elsewhere. but like an idiot i didnt save the link for any of you.

Wheeler sells them for $4 each. tacoma dealership will ream you for $10 each. and the wheelers are gorilla lugs which are not clad with that stupid ass chrome sheathing. no more issues.

8. Nov 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    here: (i found the other exact nuts for $2.80..i think...maybe order 6 and get the part # ?)

here is a pic of my wheeler's lugs. if i had a complaint, it would be that the washer fell off of a few lugs. not a biggie unless you get some pimply wheel tech that loses one someday. haha. again. i think my offroad edition uses the shorter lugs..the shaft section is the same, but yours should have the longer nutted portion.

e3unetuh.jpg

9. Nov 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    acharney

acharney [OP] Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Ok, great, thanks! I just ordered them from . I did some searching online, and the Gorilla part number is 73138TXL for the 17" TRD sport rims. I could only find these extra long ones on a few websites, Wheelers was cheapest. Except for a pack of 50 on Amazon for around the same price as 24 on Wheelers. I'm thinking it's a mistake maybe. But they also have a 5-7 week shipping wait. I could have tried that, but honestly I don't need any more than 24, and don't want to wait two months to get them, and then have a bunch of extra lugnuts I don't need...

10. Nov 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM
    Blygy

Blygy Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of Edson
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2012 DCLB TRD Sport Trail Teams
    Trail Teams Edition Supercharger
    Has anyone found black lug nuts to fit stock alloy wheels??

Products Discussed in

To Top