1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 access cab Tacoma Speakers in the ceiling?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kristonex, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    kristonex

kristonex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    I just bought a 2010 access cab and I am doing some research on changing out the wimpy stock stereo. When I was messing around in the truck today first off I noticed that there are NO SPEAKERS in the rear doors. This sucks pretty bad..... are all the new ones like this I thought they had at least 5-1/4"s back there?? I probably will end up just cutting some 6-1/2's in back if i have the mounting depth clearance to work with.

The other thing i noticed which is the weirdest thing I have ever seen for a stock stereo(not in a good way either). I was messing with the radio and put the fade all the way to the rear and..... Wait i still hear music... wheres it coming from??? Right above me WTF!! there are 2 I don't even know what size speakers(Small i know that) right up underneath the headliner above the driver and passenger seats. Does anybody have pics of the exposed speaker setup up there or a link to some?? Know what size speakers they are and how the hell they are even mounted?? Any info would be appreciated. I checked out crutchfield's website and a couple others and I'm striking out for any info. Thanks

2. Aug 5, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    Taco2K10

Taco2K10 All OEM All Japanese All The Time!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Chilliwack, B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2010 2.7 5spd 4x4 AC SR5
    3K HID Foglights, Husky Liner mats, Autoventshade Ventvisors and Bugdeflector, OE Toyota Class III Hitch and OE 4 Wire Trailer Harness,
    ya i wondered wtf was up there too....

3. Aug 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    kristonex

kristonex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS

Yeah I'm a dumb ass there's a whole audio video section i should have posted in.

They have to be something like this they can't be more than an inch or so deep. I never would attempt to change them and they most definitely will be disconnected when i replace everything. Garbage setup :mad: The one thing I am very let down by with the truck so far.

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 5:20 AM
    rocket_scientist

rocket_scientist Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern VA
    The rear speaker mounting holes are still in the sheet metal on your rear doors. I mounted a set of 6.5s there, just had to cut some holes in the plastic inner panel (which are covered by the grills that came with the speakers). Then you have to run your own wires, but thats not hard.

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    poppasmurf009

poppasmurf009 Active Member

Member:
    WI
    Vehicle:
    Stock 09 Access Cab V6 4x4
    I wouldn't even bother with rear speakers in an access cab. I'm running just a pair of amplified components in the front and it's plenty loud enough.

Products Discussed in

To Top