1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 TRD Sport, done TSB but is sagging! What can I do now ??!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by moulin6801, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Dec 11, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I have 2010 TRD sport, with Bilstein in front set 1.75" and done the TSB in the back. PS: When they done my TSB, they took the Stock TRD shock and installed a black on in its place.
    So, I have been towing my boat, causing it to sag some already w only 8 month of TSB done.
    I have been reading trying to figure out how to add another 1.5 to 2" to what I have but I only got confused.
    Read about 3 leaf AAL, but not sure what there is neither... since i thought the TSB added a leaf...
    I do NOT want a leveled truck, I like tail high slant.
    Foot note for those thinking about doing the TSB. It helped a lot with towing the boat, but the ride did become stiffer... but not terrible. It again could be due to the "new" black shock the dealer installed with the TSB.

2. Dec 11, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    If you're towing, bags are the best way to go.

Regarding leaf springs: I've been running the TSB springs with an add-a-leaf and they're already shot. The shits are only about 2.5 years old, and have only been lifted a little over a year.

The bottom line is that Toyota's stock leaf packs are pieces of shit, and you need to go after market. OME Dakar leaf packs are rather well thought of.

3. Dec 12, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    They installed the wrong shocks likely those are for base trucks.

Either way the shocks are not really going to cause the height to drop unless they are blown and you are bouncing down the road.

In any case all springs will settle in. Yours might have done just that, most TSB installs have been stated to drop about a inch when fully settled vs when first installed.

I would say to get the correct factory shocks but they are really crap anyways just buy some real shocks.

4. Dec 12, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Even the factory 4 leaf pack sucks , mine came with my truck stock and were flat after a year of using the truck as a truck , I went to the OME Dakars

Products Discussed in

To Top