1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 4 cylinder prerunner info

Discussion in 'New Members' started by hammerman, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jun 27, 2011 at 6:30 AM
    hammerman

hammerman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 access auto pyrite
    hello,i am thinking about a pre runner in 4 cyl. auto.is there any info on actual mileage?and is there a difference in mileage between pre runner and a standard access cab with smaller tires?i know the sticker will say the same.in my area there are no pre runners in 4 cyl. so i have not seen one except online.your input would be appreciated.

2. Jun 27, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Toyota has pull a fast one by taking advantage of the letter of the law while rating the pre-runner.

Somehow a reg cab 5-lug I4 is rated the same as a prerunner access cab I4. Except the pre-runner is 4 inches higher increasing wind resistance, bigger tires increasing rolling resistance, and lower gears increasing rpm, and a lot heavier.

Pre-runners get closer to 4x4 rating than 5-lug from what i've seen posted.

3. Jun 27, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Recently traded in my 05 access cab prerunner 4cyl 5 speed with 91k on this little jewel....

[​IMG]

2008 reg cab SR5 prerunner with buckets/console and 51k on it. Last year this combo was availble IIRC.

Only way to get reg cab with buckets now is 4wd/auto. Test drove one while getting the 08...it sucked worse than my 05 with 32s and 2.5 lift as far as acceleration/mpg. Only thing I liked was the new gauge faces.

Was getting 17-18mpg in the 05 with big heavy 32" 18s and am getting 23-24mpg out of the 08 with 30" 16s...both 6 luggers

Products Discussed in

To Top