1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Miramar Air Show

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Texas Taco, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Sep 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    Texas Taco

Texas Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    U.S.
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DC 4x4 QS
    Icon stage 4 w/RXT leaf pack and shocks, Icon hydraulic bump stops, LT285/75R16 BFG KO2s, 30" Rigid light bar, HIDs, and window tinting. More to come...
    2011 Miramar Air Show.

Friday, Sept 30th through Sunday, October 2.

Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, San Diego, CA.

The Navy's Blue Angels will be performing, as well as many other aircraft.

2. Sep 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    ooohrah! ive always wanted to attend the air show!!!!!!!!

but always busy during this time of the year... Closeout... new fiscal year... etc...

3. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    The blue angles are sick. I've been to a few of their shows at Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station. My grandparents had a house on Paulkie's Island as long as they weren't doing any low flying stuff we could see the whole show from the dock. It's worth every penny to see them.

4. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    U.S.
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DC 4x4 QS
    Icon stage 4 w/RXT leaf pack and shocks, Icon hydraulic bump stops, LT285/75R16 BFG KO2s, 30" Rigid light bar, HIDs, and window tinting. More to come...
    They were practicing today after our flight. I could hear them zooming around overheard while I was in the shower, and I wasn't paying any real attention to them as I'm used to it. Suddenly one shot right over the barracks so low and loud it actually startled me.

5. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM
    Warhorseforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    The Blue Angles are sick. I've been to a few of their shows at the Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station. My grandparents used to have a house on Paulkies Island, which is about a 4 mile drive from the BMCAS, about 2 Miles by boat. So I've spent quite a few nights sleeping to the sounds of the jets doing late night touch and go's. We could sit on the dock and watch the entire show as long as they weren't doing any low flying stuff. It's worth every penny getting into the show, paying for gas to get there, anything. It's a guaranteed hit with kids. This time of year the weathers bound to be nice. Just go, you will NOT regret it.

6. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM
    Warhorseforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    I thought it didn't post. Sorry. You ever fly over here on the east coast? Paulkies Island actually has it's own codes for building houses. They have to be able to withstand floods, hurricanes, and they have special codes for the planes shaking the houses. They fly so low and the island is situated in such a way that the pilots start banking over us to line up to landing strip that sometimes we can make out some of the writing on the side of the cockpits. Sorry I'm rambling, I could go for days on all them memories I have of that place.

7. Sep 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    LilManny

LilManny socaltaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch
    Vehicle:
    06 Black Crew Cab TRD SPORT 33' KM2
    DR coils, camburg UCA's, procomp AAL, 285' BfG km2 Mud Terrains, Double Din touchscreen stereo, Kicker 12' sub behind seat with 800watt amp and custom box,Flowmaster Exhaust, cb radio, race/ 2m radio, crossfab lightbar, 3 9' procomp motorsport halogens. Intake coming soon. Also have custom 6 foot flagpole to represent my charger flag on!
    I used to go every yer with my dad haven't been in a while but the morales air show is an AWESOME event!

8. Oct 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    U.S.
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DC 4x4 QS

I was stationed out at MCAS New River, NC for a little over two years.

Products Discussed in

To Top