1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Satellite Antenna

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RevAdam, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Sep 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    RevAdam

RevAdam [OP] Impressive Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR 4x4
    Icom 5100 radio, Baja Rack, Kenwood 6980, ARB Bull Bar, Lightforce HID lights, Warn winch, LED lights, 5100s, Switchbacks, Redarc TowPro
    While I had the driver's kick panel off to run a 6awg to the rear for a fuse block, I saw that I had the satellite antenna connection, with a cable plugged into it!

Now I don't have the sharkfin on the roof, could those rascals at Toyota hid the antenna somewhere else? I had the standard satellite ready radio, not the JBL, and certainly no tuner factory

It was my understanding that the cable at that location went to an antenna. I'm almost tempted to buy the $70 cable to try to see if it's somewhere hidden from view. The sirius puck thrown on the dash isn't that great and I really don't want to put it on the roof.

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    gsuit11

gsuit11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2011 trd sport double cab 4x4
    Pioneer AVIC-z130BT, complete tacotunes audio upgrade with sound deadening. Full OME suspension upgrade.
    Hey buddy,
    Did you ever find out if there is a hidden antenna somewhere on our 2011's? Love to hear what you discovered

Products Discussed in

To Top