1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Sirius Install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rollie, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Sep 25, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    Rollie

Rollie [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Carlisle, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech floor liners and vent and window deflectors, N-Fab nerf steps, Avid Off-Road light bar, Srius satellite radio, DTRL
    I've got a 2011 access cab PreRunner TRD Off-Road and I installed the Toyota Sirius tuner today. The factory radio has the AM/SAT button and is the single CD model (model A by the owner's manual). I picked up the tuner (PT545-00080) and the Sequoia fit kit (PT545-0C081) for a good price from the TW marketplace. I decided to go with the Sequoia fit kit after I read some posts saying 2011s don't have the satellite harness prewired. I also sprang for the Eastwood master installer nylon pry tool kit and it was worth every cent. The first thing I did was to pull the driver's kick panel to check if there was a harness, which there wasn't.
    [​IMG]

The next step was to pull the glove box and passenger kick panel to figure where I could place the tuner. I ultimately settled on zip tying it to the plastic connector frame that is right behind the kick panel. I used some pipe insulation to pad the bottom and back of the tuner to prevent rattles.
    [​IMG]

I pulled the radio and routed the harness from the tuner along the wire bundle that runs the length of the dash. There was only one place on the back of the radio for the harness to connect, and I taped down the spare connector on the harness.
    [​IMG]

I decided to place the satellite antenna on the top of the fender adjacent to the radio antenna. I didn't really feel like going through all the trouble of routing it out through the third brake light. I ran the wire across the engine compartment and secured it to the wire bundle that also crosses the compartment. I brought it to the interior through the conveniently provided grommet for the factory wire bundle and sealed it with some Permatex silicone sealant. I ran the wire back across the dash along the wire bundle; I looped the excess and zip tied it to the wire bundle. Before I put everything back together I checked to make sure the satellite function was working. After a quick cleanup and phone call to Sirius, I was back in business. I went for a test drive and everything is working seamlessly with no reception issues. Hope this helps!

Products Discussed in

To Top