1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Tacoma 55w 8k and 35w 8k

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by reiss91, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Jul 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    reiss91

reiss91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Gray
    So my old HID one of my bulbs died so i figured i would just spring for the upgrade.

Previously i had 35w 8k in the headlights and the regular stock fogs which i never used cause they didnt match the headlights. One of my bulbs died so i spent just over $100 and got the 55w 8k for the headlights and i got the 35w 8k for the fogs from DDMTuning.

Ive never done buisness with DDM before but the shipping from China to Massachusetts was fairly quick. My only complaint was the packaging. the ballasts were just tossed on the box and there was no smaller box for them. Also there was no stuffing or packaging peanuts to protect anything. And the damn box looked like it was kicked and thrown everywhere. There wasnt one square edge on the box. However everything works but im pretty sure ill have to replace the relay because it seems a little sticky.(lights shut off a second or two after i kill them. And once or twice the lights stay on after i killed them until i toggled the switch a few times.

All i can say is holy shit these are bright. The color difference from 35w to 55w isnt that big of a difference honestly. But in case everyone was curious as to what it looks like heres a picture.

55w 8k up top. 35w 8k for the fogs. And i also have the LED switchback turn signals as well.

EDIT: In my signature you can see the 35w 8k i previously had in the headlights. and the fogs are off because they were stock. Ill update my sig everntually.

IMG_9028.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top