1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 traction control problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2011 tacoma, May 6, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    2011 tacoma

2011 tacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    northern cali
    Vehicle:
    2011 lifted taco
    3 inch pro comp spacer, add a leaf rear
    i have a 2011 taco double cab that i just bought from the dealership with a p.o.s. pro comp spacer lift on it. when i drive on any country road with off camber turns, the auto limited slip/ vsc system engages with the abs surging and cutting power to the engine. dsi(lift company, 4 wheel parts, whom own pro comp) says the ya sensor is too sensitive. they are giving me the option to put a six inch full suspension lift on for free. they seem to thinkthis will fix the problem.... any suggestions out there?

2. May 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    2011 tacoma

Member:
    northern cali
    Vehicle:
    2011 lifted taco
    its been to the dealer numerous times, they pass it onto 4 wheel parts because they put the lift on. they have recalibrated the computer for the new stance of the truck and it still engages. good thing is that i do have a full warranty for the truck. it just sucks buying a 30k $ vehicle and the dealership has literalley put more miles on the truck than i have. any input on fabtech coilovers?

3. May 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    2011 tacoma

Member:
    northern cali
    Vehicle:
    2011 lifted taco
    the dealer is doing it. i watched them today. unfortinitely toyota deals with d.s.i. which owns 4 wheel parts. im pretty much stuck with what i got.

4. May 6, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    Since you have already had the VSC recalibrated, one solution is to drive slower around those turns, and the VSC will no longer engage. :anonymous:

Another possible option is to disable VSC each time you start your truck and before you drive on those back country roads. See your owners manual for how to do this.

Welcome to the forum!

Products Discussed in

To Top