1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 NAV. "NOT AVAILABLE YET"?!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TevisAaron, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    TevisAaron

TevisAaron [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tevis
    Cherokee Indian Reservation, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport w/ Leather & NAV
    Window Tint (All-Around, Including Windshield). . . Much more to come!
    I purchased my 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport a month ago. When I purchased it, the dealership agreed to add leather and NAV to it and we just added the cost on to the vehicle and I paid for it. They have gotten the leather in and I am supposed to take it to be done next week. However, for the past month, the dealership has kept telling me that the nav for the 2012 isn't available yet. I really don't understand this mainly because there are Tacoma's with the nav in them when they come to the dealership! Has anyone else had this problem or know when the nav units will be available?! Thanks.

2. Nov 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    I saw the features and it looks so good that I was considering ordering the nav system myself. I am not sure which Taco you got, they are setup differently JBL equipped , compared to a non JBL equipped Taco. For one the Sven speaker system (with sub) compared to the stock setup. Not sure if they are SAT ready. Just a thought. Hope that helps.

3. Nov 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    TevisAaron

Member:
    First Name:
    Tevis
    Vehicle:
    I got the 2012 Tacoma Double Cab w/ the TRD Sport Package.

I'm not quiet sure about the whole thing! I asked if the NAV would be a factory NAV that normally comes in the Taco's. The guy told me that normally they do their own NAV's and that it was mostly Pioneer. I am really hoping they'll be able to do the factory NAV with EnTune! But I'll be happy as long as its NAV. (Even though I never use NAV, I just like the look of it). . .

4. Nov 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    matts11

matts11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    It will be an aftermarket navigation system. They probably don't have a dash kit out for the 2012 yet--could be a few months. Honestly I would ask for them to give you the extra money you paid to get "nav" put in and get the system of your choice in a few months. The new base HU is actually pretty nice. If it were me I would get a smartphone with gps or a garmin unit and keep your factory bluetooth, usb, etc

5. Nov 27, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    TevisAaron

Member:
    First Name:
    Tevis
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, that's one thing they said. That they didn't know when the dash-kit would be available. Which I think they should have looked at all that stuff before they told me it wouldn't be a problem getting the NAV. I do have a smartphone and I use the NAV on it. So I guess we'll see how it goes and what they say.

6. Nov 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    rubenc87

rubenc87 Cobra

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    DTRL,HID's, Redline Elite Hood Struts,IVD Coilovers and Rear Shocks W/ Ext. Res.,N-FAB Light Bar W/ KC Titanium Lights, Alcan AAL,Wet Okole's, URD T.C.A.I. M/T Classic Lock's BFG AT, Chrome TC UCA'S,TRD Exhaust, Bed Mat,Painted Roof Rack,Access LE,Weathertech's F&R,P&L Lock
    I really like the factory set up with the entune. The features look to be just another reason for people to get a Taco.

7. Nov 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    The dealer will not install a factory nav! They never do I do a lot of work for dealers and we always use either pioneer or Rosen, I did quote a factory nav system for a customer wih a 2009 4 runner once the dealers cost on all the damn parts was like 8000. The reason the dealer is telling you it's not available yet is because the dash kit isn't shipping yet the nav systems are universal and will fit any car but the 2011 dash kit doesn't look perfect in the new dash metra has a kit but it won't be available for a few weeks. At least that's when I have been told I will have some.

Products Discussed in

To Top