1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 SeatBelt Chime....AHHHH ! !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sastockman, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Sure. i need to put a new battery in mine and i'll try it out.
    If you don't know what it is, It's a cig lighter plug in with a 9 volt battery.
    It keeps the memory alive while you do some work. It's works on older vehicles but since Later model Toyota's have ign power on for their outlets it won't work so i haven't used it for years. i just use my jump pack that's next to my box. The only issue i see possible is the amount of ecu memory that's sitting there with the ign off. When you have something like 30 ecu's in a vehicle i'm not sure this would handle all of that but with about 10 in the Taco's i'm going to give it a shot.

If i get a chance this weekend i'll give it a try.

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    YotaMark

YotaMark Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Mentor, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4 cyl 5 speed 4X4
    Rear Gate security Mod (although I seldom take my eyes off it) "Harsh Ride" Shocks and Springs TSB performed by "Me" New Cooper Discoverer AT3s 265/75R16s (fit well) Front "Tacoma Mike" light mod! Rugged Ridge floor mats. Bought another set of D rings and installed them in my wheel well. Perfect! Just hit the big 6000 Miles 12/19/11, Installed an alarm system to go with my factory power door locks 1/21/12
    To change the seat belt buzzer it needs hooked up to a Toyota laptop and then "customized settings"
    I have a Sweet memory savor, Its a 9 volt battery that connects to the battery.

3. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    Yea but trying to clean terminals and posts leads to disconnects. so mine goes inside the truck with the power on all the time mod. keeps everything open for cleaning and no worries. I believe i still have the adapter for the direct battery but i'm going to try it this way for those that have done this mod. To do it your way i would suggest taping the leads to the cables so they won't pop off.

4. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Thanks. Lets us know how it works out this weekend.

5. May 17, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    sdoheny

sdoheny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    N-Fab Text black 3 main tube, led interior lighting, sylvania ultra head lamps, led map/dome/license plate, rail mounted bed lights, trd skid plate, Aero Turbin muffler swap, MRBP Black Exhaust Tip, weather tech, fuel trophy, duratrac 265 70 17, plasti dip badges, Icon stage 4 suspension, TRD shift knob, AFE CAI, Raptor Light MOD.
    I spent 30 min on the phone getting passed around each department until I finally asked to speak to the service manager. I was told by multiple people that its a liability issue, it simply can't be done, and on and on.When I spoke with the service manager he said he needed to check, called me right back and we made an appointment. It is also being done free of charge as a "customer service".So if your in the Tampa bay area, go to Stadium Toyota, they DO do it!

6. May 17, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    ShaneG

ShaneG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    11 Prerunner SR5
    ^ This....

7. May 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    SoJersey

SoJersey South Jersey Defense

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    Pelfrey Armor Baja Designs Lights 6112/Camburg/Dakar Suspension Method Wheels / BFG KO2 ARE Z-Series More coming soon...
    my '12 stops dinging in less then a mile of driving... then doesn't do it again until you change the gear shift.

8. May 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    It can be done at the dealer with the scan tool it's under the customize features.I did it to my 12.I actualy had a customer request this and I thought it would be illegal.We called toyota and they said if it can be turned of with the scan tool and the customer wants it off then do it.Still being a little catious I called the pa state police and asked I was told if the customer wants it done they need to sign a waiver so no liability would come back on me or the dealership.Funny thing is the customer refused to sign the waiver.

9. May 18, 2012 at 3:45 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    " customer refused to sign the waiver." Good thing you did your home work. Being a good guy could turn around and bit you in the ass. Always have to protect yourself from lawyers if possible.

10. May 18, 2012 at 4:00 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    People don't want to revolt & don't want to conform, they'd rather improvise so as was suggested in the other seat belt chime thread by a 2012'er........use a golf tee or book of matches. :D

11. May 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    OldMax

OldMax New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma 4wd
    Has anyone tried to locate and destroy/disable the chime itself? If it is possible to get at the booger it seems to me that killing it would avoid the potential problem of repeatedly resetting the system to 'default' by disconnecting the battery. Or other problems caused by other possible solutions that leave the chime intact and functional. I am wondering if simply clipping a wire or injecting glue into it would be a permanent fix.
    Max

12. May 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Yeah but is that going to also take out the beep that keeps you from locking your keys in the thing if you try to hop out without the keys? Betting it would. And what is the need to reset truck by unhooking the battery so often to be an issue?

13. Jun 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    sgrounds22

sgrounds22 Active Member

Member:
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pre-runner TRD Sport
  14. Jun 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Stevenson

Stevenson Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    3" Lift. TRD Exhaust. Full aftermarket stereo. Viper 5902 Alarm/Starter. KMC XD Revolvers. Tri-Fold Tonneau. Bed Mat. Bed Divider. WeatherTech Liners. Tinted windows.

Does that plug have anything to do with the Airbag system?

15. Jun 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    sgrounds22

sgrounds22 Active Member

Member:
    Plano, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 Pre-runner TRD Sport
    I'm not 100% sure. I pulled it from another thread. Someone with wiring schematic knowledge would be able to answer that question. Based on the schematic it looks to me like the air bag is independent of the buzzer function.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/38842-disable-seatbelt-warning-chime-12.html

Here is the wiring diagram: http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?...DUtZDE2Zi00NmE0LTlkMmUtOTMwZWU4ZGU1NmM1&hl=en

16. Jun 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I kinda like the seat belt chime/reminder...

it reminds me to buckle up when I'm in a hurry and forget.

I'm old and have have my share of car/truck/motorcycle/boat/horse/construction accidents that hurt like hell...took forever to heal, and may have ended my life.

I'd like to hang around for a while longer now that I've worked my adult ass off to finally find contentment in my life.

You young guys who still feel indestructible...have your fun. I hope to see you smiling on the other side. :cheers:

17. Jun 4, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Just because the chime is disabled doesn't mean you're not using the seat belt. It just means you do it by habit and don't need the truck reminding you or hollerin about the box sittin in the passenger seat that the belt won't fit or listening to it trip out with nothing in the seat and your belt fastened. Too many reminders = nagging....I'm allergic to nagging. Chime disabled.

18. Aug 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    2006KJ

2006KJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Front Royal VA
    tried to get my toyota dealer to shut off the chime... they refused. so i'm going to another toyota dealer tomorrow to shut it off (they said it was no problem).

so hopefully everything goes smooth

19. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    lawless

lawless the rent is too damn high

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb mgm sc
    i just bought a Tacoma tonight and asked the guy in finance whether it could be shut off. he emphatically said 'no'. like this here thread goes it sounds like it depends on the dealer. if anyone knows who will do it in the WA area there's a virtual hug in it for you.

20. Aug 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    DBurns

DBurns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab 4cyl
    I have a 55lb dog that sometimes rides in the passenger seat. My 04 F-150 couldn't pick up him in the passenger seat. I have to remember to buckle the seat belt behind him before we leave or it drives me nuts!

Products Discussed in

To Top