1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Rear tail lights - replacement

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tdunc, May 12, 2013.

1. May 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM
    tdunc

tdunc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR
    I was in a very minor accident this afternoon where another driver cracked and scratched up my driver-side, rear tail light. Searching around this wonderful site, I found the Toyota part number to be :
    81560-04160
    Amazon Link for OEM Toyota light
    (I don't understand why the picture looks so crappy. I assume the light would come new and clean...?)

My question, how does the light above compare to the others Amazon sells? I'm guessing these are just aftermarket guys that make "OEM" but might not come with a little harness or something.
    Option #2

The person who hit me will buy the part, so the cost doesn't matter to me as much, but I'm not the kind of person to screw someone over just because I can... Any help is appreciated!

2. May 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    The picture cleans up as it loads. It's a progressive jpeg, and really not a good one.

As to aftermarket... they leak. They ALL leak. You'll get fogging first time you wash it or it rains.

3. May 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Cruzs2013SR5

Cruzs2013SR5 Cruzito

Member:
    First Name:
    Cruz
    OAK HARBOR, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 SR5 4X4 TEXAS EDITION
    Retrax Tonneau Cover Fox 2.5 Coilovers F/B JVC system with amp Power Block for external lights. PoP N Lock (electric) Python Alarm w/Remote Start
    I would have them buy it from the stealership. It is 224 dollars i think. I paid 192 for mine with my military discount. I had a garage accident with mine.

4. May 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    Get a factory replacement. You'll regret aftermarket.

Products Discussed in

To Top