1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Taco 4cy, auto, regular cab cruise control install help please

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TXcoma, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Nov 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM
    TXcoma

TXcoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle:
    2013 4cyl, automatic, regular cab baby monster truck!!
    Hitch and Trailer Light, Vehicle Keyed Tailgate lock and backup camera, "custom " made bed rail tie-down rings (lol). tinted windows
    Hey everyone,

Have had my Taco for a few months now and have done a few mods to it (back-up camera in tailgate that has the vehicle keyed lock, trailer hitch and light kit, you know the creature comforts).

I am adding in cruise control. I bought the after market switch to install it and see if it is already pre-wired. Figure of the light does not come on in the dash it is not and I will get the full kit.

anyway, I have the steering wheel all pulled apart and I am looking at the connector. In the videos I see on YouTube there is a spot for the connector to add in in addition , it seems, to the connector that is already there for what appears to be a ground wire for the airbag.

In order to hook up my cruise control switch to the lone spot on the harness in the wheel I need to (I assume) connect the ground from the airbag somewhere else. On some videos I see a harness that has a ground wire on it that they say to remove. Mine has no ground wire and I am wondering should I splice the ground for the airbag into the cruise switch? What should I do here?

Seems like a pretty simple thing but I did not want to guess and my cruise switch came from somewhere in the Pacific Rim so of course, no instructions and my searching on the interwebs has got me a bunch of different data and some not so great pics that do not clearly explain. Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

It is in my sig (I think) but just in case. 2013 Tacoma , regular cab 4cyl, automatic transmission. (think least expensive, crank window, rubber floor) work truck. It was pre-wired for the backup camera though so I am hoping it is wired for the cruise as well.

Thanks a ton everyone... can't wait to cruise on long trips in my Taco.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMgfozrNaLvV-603esOuB2c8p7gdjrEcjbs5TVv

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Nov 10, 2017 at 10:38 AM
    Taco'09

Taco'09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OP, go to the link below and there is a thread specifically on DIY cruise control that I have been shepherding for a while. The first post has some pics that may help but you can skip to about the last 10 pages for specifics including later models. You can tag me here or there and I will help. You are going to need mere than just the switch on the column. You are going to have to run a ground and run some other wires too. The kit is your best bet.
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/6...-2005-2015/171992-diy-oem-cruise-control.html

And welcome to the forum!

Products Discussed in

To Top