1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Tacoma undercoat

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by novascotiatacoma, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Dec 19, 2018 at 2:10 PM
    novascotiatacoma

novascotiatacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ben
    Vehicle:
    black 2013 tacoma access cab
    led pods to replace blanks for fog lights, wrapped rear bumper black, 2 inch level kit, black housing headlights and trulux black series led bulbs
    I’m new to Tacoma world and in fact Tacoma’s all together I purchased a 2013 Tacoma access cab in the fall and it looks to have a thick black undercoat on the undercarriage and frame, now I’ve read nothing but bad things about this rubberized undercoat it’s soft enough I can scrape it off with my finger.
    So they question will it be fine for 1 winter or shall I just bite the bullet and scrape it all off and fluid film the sh*t out of the frame as I really don’t want to cause anymore possible damage to the frame as cars trucks etc don’t fare very well here in eastern Canada as it is!
    Thanks in advance any imput would be appreciated

2. Dec 19, 2018 at 2:13 PM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Dec 19, 2018 at 2:21 PM
    Markcal

Markcal Well-Known Member

Member:
    If what you have on your frame is the CRC from the dealership (NOT Zeibart), I have had good results by coating the CRC with Fluid Film. What I thinking using FF does is soften the CRC even more and by doing so cuts off one of the elements the rust needs to thrive and that's oxygen. Save yourself a lot of time and just coat of the CRC, but the best advice I could give anyone coating their frames is to invest in a 360 degree 2-foot wand from Kelly Sports and get deep into the front boxed section with FF, where IMO the worst rust spreads. ~ Good luck and welcome to TW, Mark

4. Dec 19, 2018 at 2:26 PM
    novascotiatacoma

novascotiatacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ben
    Vehicle:
    black 2013 tacoma access cab
    led pods to replace blanks for fog lights, wrapped rear bumper black, 2 inch level kit, black housing headlights and trulux black series led bulbs
    As far as I’m aware it’s the first Canadian protection stuff as that’s what all the dealerships use round here can’t find too much online about peoples experiences with the stuff!
    Thanks for the quick reply, I’ll blast some fluid film over the undercoat.

Products Discussed in

To Top