1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 touch screen HU and alpine power pack

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by EricU, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Oct 5, 2015 at 9:35 PM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    I just bought a 2013 texas edition today(yay for stickers and emblems ha) it has the factory touch screen with USB/AUX and Bluetooth. I have no reason to replace it since it does everything i want, minus the power output.

I have an Alpine Power pack mini amplifier from a previous truck and figure since my budget will not allow for the system id like, i might as well be reasonable with myself and goals and use this amp.

I do not want to cut the factory harness, so could i use the metra part number 71-1761 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1LSE3TWU9LIV0

to plug into the headunit, then connect speaker wire to RCA cables http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html?tp=1222

connect to power pack (select speaker wire input on amp)

then connect the output wires to the metra 70-1761 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120701...r-Wiring-Harness.html?search=70-1761&skipvs=T

to the factory harness?

i know its a round about way to do it but it keeps me from having to cut the factory harness.

set the HPF at 60hz and adjust sensitivity accordingly?

reason being is i have the RCA's, the Amp, and would only need $30 worth of harnesses to complete the install.

eventually at a later date i would replace the door speakers and sound deaden the doors, but id really like to keep the factory headunit as i have no need to replace it.

hyper15125 likes this.
  2. Oct 12, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    EricU

EricU [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Englewood, CO
    well i ordered the above parts, got everything installed today. WOW, just a small jump in power resulted in outstanding gains. i put the fronts on a 120hz HPF and the rear at 80hz HPF. Definately need sound deadening for the doors which i will add RAAM audio deadening and ensolite later on after this coming winter.

i have the gain set very low as the factory speakers cannot take too much power without distortion but the results are great.

I do have some a Alpine type-s tweeters from a while back when a customer gave them to me, and those are rated at 1100hz-22k hz so i will probably swap those in the front doors for a better mid/high.

while doing the install i also tapped in an extra set of speaker wire to RCA adapters for a subwoofer later down the road. i will just need to find an amp that works with high level inputs and ill be in business.

3. Dec 13, 2015 at 2:36 AM
    hyper15125

hyper15125 Headlight Retrofitting Hobbyist Vendor

Member:
    NJ (609)
    Vehicle:
    ‘13 Taco,‘22 Hybridlander
    Perfect, I've been trying to figure out what harness, reverse harness works for the 2013 Tacoma with the standard touch screen non JBL. I need to pull high level inputs off of the head unit rear outputs for a small sub and don't want to cut or splice. Thanks for confirming!

4. Dec 15, 2015 at 8:19 PM
    adamax

adamax Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    springville ut
    Vehicle:
    2015 trd off road
    will this work with a 2015 touch screen/nav non JBL?

Products Discussed in

To Top