1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 6 lug slammed??

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by prerunnerssuc, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Feb 10, 2023 at 8:29 AM
    prerunnerssuc

prerunnerssuc [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ymc
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma, 6lug, prerun, rwd, 4door
    Stock ash
    I just found this website the other day and most you seem to know what your talking about so I was wondering if there’s anyway to lower a 6lug double cab 3 inches off the ground without swapping frames or selling the truck??
    I’ve seen the sos performance kits but I think I want to go quite lower than those. I’ve seen this red Tacoma around quite a bit but that’s around the height I’m looking for. Beautiful truck

93590676-226E-413D-A743-A367BAC6FCDA.jpg

2. Feb 10, 2023 at 11:18 AM
    gstodd

gstodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 2wd base 5-lug
    Since your front suspension is different you won't be able to use the DJM drop arms that most of us use for the front drop. You can use the SOS kit and add 1" spacers between the LCA and the spindle. This will net you 3" of drop up front but you will be out of the stock adjustment range for camber. This could be fixed by either moving the UCA body mount up of getting longer UCAs. It's possible that some of the aftermarket UCAs that the off road crowd use would work for this.

For the rear i don't think you are going much lower than what the SOS kit does without doing a frame notch. I can't tell from the kit pictures if their kit does a axle flip or not. If it doesn't then you have a lot of drop that can be done by flipping the axle on top of the leaf springs. If it does then you would be looking at adding some blocks to go lower but you'll be getting to close to the frame and will have to notch it so you aren't constantly bottoming out in the rear.

There is only so much you'll be able to do just due to the suspension design. It is an off road suspension after all.

prerunnerssuc[OP] likes this.
  3. Feb 10, 2023 at 12:14 PM
    prerunnerssuc

Member:
    First Name:
    ymc
    Vehicle:
    Stock ash
    Damn I was hoping if I did leaf springs, spacers etc it would drop hella but ig not I hear everyone talking about notch wtf is a notch.. lol
    Thanks for the reply to it helped out a lot. I’ll probably just end up lifting it now:((

BananaMan likes this.
  4. Feb 10, 2023 at 12:29 PM
    gstodd

gstodd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 2wd base 5-lug
    A notch is literally where you cut a notch in the frame to make room for the axle to move up further when you drop the truck. here's the DJM notch for doing the 4" rear drop on the 5 lug models. https://djmsuspension.com/product/2005-2014-toyota-tacoma-4-inch-rear-lowering-kit/

5. Feb 10, 2023 at 3:54 PM
    prerunnerssuc

Member:
    First Name:
    ymc
    Vehicle:
    Stock ash
    I was thinking of buying that exact kit because it seemed like enough lowering but then I saw it was only for pre runners and found this page and found out the difference between 6lugs and 5lugs. Sucks there isn’t a way to really slam the prerunners/6lugs

BananaMan likes this.
  6. Feb 18, 2023 at 5:21 PM
    BananaMan

BananaMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bumfrick nowhere Maine
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7 RC 2wd manual "squattytruck"
    Yeah unfortunately to reach that level of low with these trucks, you really have to notch the rear frame to allow the axle travel. I'm down 5 inches and that's what it takes to get that height.

Products Discussed in

To Top