1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 DCSB Looking for Advice

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nine3, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Oct 13, 2016 at 10:45 PM
    nine3

nine3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD OR Supercharged MT
    As the title states I have a 2014 DCSB and I'm looking to redo the suspension and down the road do some new wheels / tires. I'd like something that rides better with a 2-3" lift. I do 80-90% of my driving on pavement. I don't do any extreme off road wheeling but I do a fair amount of logging roads to go camping / dirt biking every couple of weeks.

Here's the situation I have:
    Front
    I can get a set of Toytec ultimate coil overs and a set of SPC UCA's for around $800. They have about 2-3k miles on them.

Rear
    I'd need to redo the rear to match the front / level the truck out. I'm thinking about an AAL (Toytec progressive?) with some 5100's. I think this will be around $400.

My Concerns
    1 - What are your thoughts on the above setup? Will it be better than stock around town? I feel like the stock setup is a bit mushy.
    2 - I don't want to have to cut/trim anything to fit the tires (maybe remove the stock mudflaps) and I'd still like to be able to run chains as needed without damaging anything. What size tires do you think I can run?
    3 - Do I need to upgrade anything else? Front diff drop? Brake lines? Etc? I have the TRD supercharger and want to avoid drive line / suspension stress to prevent premature failure.
    4 - I'll be adding sliders in the future and maybe a skidplate but no bumpers. I assume that this setup can take that added extra weight.
    5 - Towing? How do these trucks do when towing after they've been lifted?

I've read a bunch on here but can't convince myself to pull the trigger. Look's like I'll be spending $1200-1400 if I go with just the Coil overs, UCS's, AAL and 5100's in the rear. Could I spend about the same amount on something else and get better performance?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  2. Oct 14, 2016 at 9:50 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    That would be a good setup. Little firmer ride with less body roll and nose dive. As long as you run something smaller than a 285 size tire you should not have any rubbing issues.

3. Oct 18, 2016 at 12:48 AM
    nine3

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    So the Toytech Coil deal fell through. I was able to pick up a set of Light Racing UCA's via a group buy on here. That being said should my budget hasn't changed much. What's the best i can do for $1000-1250 for the rest of the suspension parts?

4. Oct 29, 2016 at 8:32 PM
    TRlPPlN

TRlPPlN Pavement Cruiser

Member:
    Bay Area, CA South SF to be precise
    Vehicle:
    MGM DCSB 09 DC TRD Sport 4x4 - Family Hauler
    Pirhett likes this.
  5. Oct 29, 2016 at 9:37 PM
    nine3

Member:
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    Update:

I was able to pick up a set of Toytec Ultimate coilovers that need new 5100's along with OME Nitrocharger Sports (used with about 3k on them) for a really good price off another Tacomaworld member. Since I saved a decent amount I can add a full rear leaf pack to my build and still be in budget.

What I now have:
    -Light Racing UCA's
    -Toytec Ultimate Coilovers that need new 5100's $220
    -OME Nitrocharger Sport rear shocks

What I still need to get:
    -Rear leaf pack OME Dakars $400
    -front sway bar relocation brackets $30

Do I need any of these?
    -front diff drop
    -extended rear brake lines?
    -Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Drop

Anyone have any experiences with a Toytec coils up from and OME Notrocharger sports with a Dakar leaf pack in the back?

Products Discussed in

To Top