1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 USB iOS7 fail

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by C1ph3r, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Sep 30, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    C1ph3r

C1ph3r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A.W.
    Concord NC
    Vehicle:
    Nothing special
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD OffRoad Super White TRD sport grill, Custom mesh grill, Tailgate theft mod, bed mat, tint, chopped antenna, 16x8 Konig Counter, Weathertech mats and window shades, Relentless Fabrication bolt on sliders
    Picked up my 2014 on Saturday. Paired Bluetooth and everything works in the respect. However, if I plug my phone up to the USB the screen on the phone will just flash. It's a 4s by the way. The same exact thing happens with my iPad. If I plug my wife's iPhone 5 with iOS 6 it works perfect. It charges and can access the music. Any ideas of an action I should take? Have not tried after the latest OS release from apple. I will try that when I get back into town.

2. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    stowaway

stowaway Member

Member:
    Wait for a firmware update from Toyota?

3. Oct 1, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    C1ph3r

C1ph3r [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A.W.
    Concord NC
    Vehicle:
    Nothing special
    2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD OffRoad Super White TRD sport grill, Custom mesh grill, Tailgate theft mod, bed mat, tint, chopped antenna, 16x8 Konig Counter, Weathertech mats and window shades, Relentless Fabrication bolt on sliders
    Thanks for the response. That is my hope. But since I don't have the entune premium, I guess they will just send me a USB drive with the update or have me go to a service center? Fortunately it isn't that big of deal since I can plug into the outlet. It's really just more of a nuisance at the moment when I have 2 things already plugged in.

4. Oct 1, 2013 at 6:36 AM
    stowaway

stowaway Member

Member:
    you may end up being able to download the firmware to a usb drive and plug that in to update, I know I ran into the same problem on the kenwood head unit in my car when iOS 3.x came out many years ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top