1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 DCLB Sport - should I sell or return to dealer?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kickboxr99, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Feb 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    kickboxr99

kickboxr99 [OP] Member

Member:
    Cinci, OH
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport
    All, I'm interested in your advice. I have a 2015 DCLB TRD Sport 4x4, with 23,xxx miles (ZERO rust underneath) that the lease is soon ending on, and I planned to purchase out-right before I knew we'd be expecting our 2nd child; thus, with a 2nd child now here I needed more interior space & bought a 200 series land cruiser.

Before attempting to sell on my own, or returning it to the dealer I thought I'd reach out to you folks.

What would you do? Note the pay-by mid-summer will be is $28,xxx; what's the approximate market value?

The color is Silver Sky Metallic with graphite interior.

It's in excellent condition - never off-roaded;

No dings/dents/scratches, and NO at all rust;

New Cooper Discover AT3 tires;

WeatherTech mats front/back;

Tow package, etc.;

Truck needs nothing - it's perfect albeit a bit small for my needs.

IMG_20170102_131743450_HDR.jpg

2. Feb 26, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    If you already bought another rig, just turn in the lease.

3. Feb 26, 2017 at 7:10 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB TRD OR
    Go Hawks!
    First off, congrats on the new one on the way!

As to the turn in vs sell, also factor the sales tax you will have to pay purchasing. Say you are buying for $28,500, at a 10% tax rate, you are out the door at $31,350 plus whatever fees they throw on top for title transfer. Local 2015 sports are listing for $32k-33k, meaning the purchase price will be less. That does not leave much room to turn a profit for the headache involved vs just turning it in and being done with it. I would just turn it in.

4. Feb 26, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    Launch21v

Launch21v Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD sport dclb 4x4 tech pack w/jbl white
    If you just sold it you would not be responsible for taxes. Just call and find out what the cost will be to buy the truck outright. If that cost is less than you can get for it then sell it. Look on kbb.com for pricing and go from there.

Products Discussed in

To Top