1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 BBP audio build

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Man of Steel TRD, May 2, 2016.

1. Aug 1, 2018 at 7:43 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Man of Steel TRD [OP] Ignorance is the new normal

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Ram Limited Night Edition, 91 300ZXTT, 90 Toyota Pickup ECLB
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
    What box is it so I can look at it. You have to be careful of the vents in the middle of the back wall so you are more limited in the size of box you can use.

2. Aug 1, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand Tacoma TRD Sport 4x2
    6.5 inch Max track suspension and lift 20 inch moto metal wheels 35 inch Toyo Open Country tires Red LED lighting in grill and all tires enve custom grill with light bar. Spare tire bed mount with exact match spare wheel and tire.
    Audio Enhancers TAC140C12 Toyota Tacoma 2005-2016 Subwoofer Speaker Box

In the questions and reviews it is said to fit but you have to remove all plastic and somewhat force it in.

I haven't bought the box yet so I'm good on that.

3. Aug 1, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    vietjdmboi

vietjdmboi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    are you planning on using the factory wires to connect to the door speakers or running new wires from the amp?

Man of Steel TRD[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 1, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tow package, LED interior lighting, led low beams, led fog lights, led licence plate lights, OEM bed mat, OEM mud flaps, OEM chrome raised tailgate letter inserts, nerf bars, AVS ventshades. Complete Kicker audio system (4 channel amp, mids and tweets in the front, 2 ways in the back, 2 10 inch comp rt subs, Zxsum8, alpine pdx 1.600 boxes and amp rack by Mr Marv), Pop & Lock, Mobtown locking bed storage doors, Bilstein 5100s, Katzkin Leather interior, Redline Hoodstruts, Backflip.
    That's where I was going with the component speakers.

5. Aug 1, 2018 at 7:51 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
  6. Aug 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    6.5 inch Max track suspension and lift 20 inch moto metal wheels 35 inch Toyo Open Country tires Red LED lighting in grill and all tires enve custom grill with light bar. Spare tire bed mount with exact match spare wheel and tire.
    I'm curious what's the average price range for a mr marv custom box. Hopefully that's not an abnormal question. Before I pull the plug on this other box. Thanks.

What components are you guys recommending. I just purchased average door speakers based on the $250 upgrade thread here. Was just using it as a guide but I'm open to suggestions for sure.

7. Aug 1, 2018 at 10:13 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I gave you a suggestion in post 917 for a component setup for the fronts. As far as the 250 dollar upgrade thread, most people are not using an amp for their door speakers there.

8. Aug 1, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    Yea I figured I would get the most out of the door speakers and hook an amp to them. Nothing too crazy but to help them get more oomph you know?

I planned to keep all factory wiring hence using the lci7 then run that to the amp is how I have gathered it all so far. Also I would do the same for the rear door speakers to the subs using an adapter right? Sorry I'm just a noob with audio. I hooked a few speakers and amps up as I was younger but it was almost I shall i say rigged up, lol! Will I need to get two adapters since I plan on using two amps or?

Sorry guys and I really appreciate it all!

9. Aug 1, 2018 at 10:50 AM
    vietjdmboi

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    I have a new Mr Marv box, amp rack and sub im selling for $600.

10. Aug 1, 2018 at 10:53 AM
    vietjdmboi

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    You'll need to run a speedwire 9 wire conductor from the radio harness to the lci7 and then another one from the amp back up to the harness.

Basically youre taking the signal from the factory HU and processing that and then after its processed and amplified, youll need a way to get it back to the speakers.

11. Aug 1, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    But since I'm doing two amps would I need two speedwires? Or can I just splice it all off one adapter? Ill have the amp to the door speakers and the amp to the subs.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  12. Aug 1, 2018 at 4:34 PM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yes, one to the lc7i and one back up to the head unit from your 4 channel amp to the door speakers.

You can just run one speedwire to your lc7i and then run normal speaker wire to all 4 doors from the 4 channel amp. That's what I did. The only problem with that is you will need a component set for the fronts.

13. Aug 2, 2018 at 5:20 AM
    vietjdmboi

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    since you are using the lc7i, youll just need to run one speed wire from the HU to it. Te lc7i has 6 channel preamp out so youll connect 4 of the channels to the 4 channel amp and then the other 2 channels to the sub amp.

14. Aug 2, 2018 at 5:40 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    20180802_053940.jpg

This is how I wired mine. But I will remind you, I did a full component setup in the fronts with a crossover for the mids and tweets.

15. Aug 2, 2018 at 5:48 AM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    Ok and you guys confused me when you said mids and tweets for the front doors so I cant run the factory speakers to the lci7? Why would I need to buy components for the front? Is this something I need to look into more? I'm just wanting to add an amp to the front door speakers that I am upgrading but still using factory harness on them with adapters sent from crutchfield with the door speakers I bought that was listed in the $250 upgrade post on here.

I'm gathering that I need to process the door speakers to the amp as well but that's what the lci7 does. I understand I'll need rcas for both amps will I be able to do this with just the lci7 outputs or what would be the best way to achieve this while still using all factory wiring.

16. Aug 2, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    The problem with using those Subaru tweeters and the 6x9s you bought for the front doors is they run off the factory wiring which runs through the tweet first. All the people in that other thread are not using amps, just replacing speakers. I tried to do what you are thinking at first and it did not work right. I will pm you my phone number, it may be easier if I explain it over the phone.

17. Aug 2, 2018 at 6:19 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
  18. Aug 2, 2018 at 8:39 AM
    HitMaNaCe

HitMaNaCe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    Ok so I could essentially just run new speaker wire to the new upgraded speakers straight to the amp and run the lci7 to the amp for output to it. The HU will be supplying it's output to the lci7 which processes it and then sends it and amplifys it then the amp will send it to the speakers as well as to the sub amp and subs.

I think I get it now. I see.

I was under the assumption i could keep all factory wiring and still use it and the lci7 would take care of the processing.

I can keep current tweeters as is right? Just run new speaker wire to door speakers to amp only? I'm just trying to keep from ordering anything additional that I wouldn't need to. I'd hate to have to find a buyer for these already purchased 6x9s and tweets. But if I'm going to have to I suppose I will.

I guess I'll just leave factory plugs hanging in door un used correct?

Thanks for the diagram as well! Was very helpful for me understanding it though!

19. Aug 2, 2018 at 8:45 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No you can't. The head unit runs to the tweeter first then to the door speaker. I'm telling you, the way you are thinking about this is just too complicated. I tried to do what you are thinking first and the shit didnt work. I have already tried this and wanted time. I really want to help you but I would not tell you to do it this way if I wouldn't or hadn't done it myself. I have more that 70 hours into this audio build.

This is what the tweeter harness looks like and I tried to splice the input from the deck and the output to the door speaker. Nothing worked doing it that way.

20160327_112258.jpg

20. Aug 2, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    Man of Steel TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top