1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 OVTune Tacoma 3.5L Manual Transmission / Engine ECU Reflash

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by OVTune, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:15 AM
    msapers

msapers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road DCSB V6 MT
    Absolutely. The only time that I could see a heel toe move being useful in the Taco would be taking off on a steep hill with traffic behind you. I do that through clutch/throttle management though.

2. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:19 AM
    Tacoma816

Tacoma816 Microwaving a cantaloupe, you know why

Member:
    I-70E KS exit 336 rest stop, 2nd stall
    Vehicle:
    Fred and Ginger
    custom interior stains
    I've been driving a stick shift for over 300 years, one of them being a 235,265,320,201 (at the crank) hp Subaru STI, and with such authority I have to ask:

OVTune guy, what're you wearing today?

0uTkAsT, su.b.rat, tonered and 2 others like this.
  3. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:32 AM
    msapers

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Why does everyone always want to know what he's wearing? Isn't it enough that he's an awesome tuner? Does he have to be the object of sexual obsession too? Some of y'all are lonely. I fear for the sheep.

4. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:33 AM
    iexc

iexc WerXED BH2.0 AD

Member:
    First Name:
    Kalede
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport MT
    Nice!!! Talk about burn :bananadead: :thumbsup:

5. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    txst

txst Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 6MT
    TSB0058-18, TRD Pro Grill
    Toyota took care of that with the "hill holder" feature. My wife's 2016 Accord Coupe 6-speed was the first vehicle we owned with that. It kind of feels like cheating...

CygnusX191 likes this.
  6. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM
    Tacoma816

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Fred and Ginger
    custom interior stains
    Always is such a strong word, a few times a week is plenty. Obviously, you've not driven a manual transmission as much as I have, on vehicles as ruthlessly powerful as my Subaru, so you wouldn't understand the importance of his attire.

Sheep are disgusting.

But goats on the other hand....

7. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM
    msapers

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Studebaker did it long ago.

[​IMG]

CygnusX191 likes this.
  8. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:39 AM
    Tacoma816

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Fred and Ginger
    custom interior stains
    Bump.

9. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:46 AM
    fatboyfirebass

fatboyfirebass Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blk TRD OR DCSB MT6 Prem/Tech Pkgs
    OV Tuned, S&B Intake, MBRP Dual black Cat-back, accumulator delete, URD SS, 2LM, SSO Hybrid bumper/Warn 10kSynthetic, Custom Car Grille, MESO Ultimate Turn Signal in KTJO Power Folding Mirrors, Genesis Dual Battery, BHLM with LED upgrade, Fog delete, Geko Bed & Underhood lighting, Rear camera anytime, Nav Block Override, 400W anytime w/ interior outlets, USB charging stations, DE-badged, TVD blackout kit, HiLux interior door handles, Hybrid SS/Delrin Shift Knob, Cali-Raised bed Stiffeners, Ultimate Tailgate Seal, "El Dorado" Dual-quad horns, Diamondback HD cover, Mobtown engine/trans skid plates, RCI control arm skids, JLT oil catch can, Meso overhead Hex rack.
    TRD OR does not have hill holder

0uTkAsT likes this.
  10. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    OV Tuned, S&B Intake, MBRP Dual black Cat-back, accumulator delete, URD SS, 2LM, SSO Hybrid bumper/Warn 10kSynthetic, Custom Car Grille, MESO Ultimate Turn Signal in KTJO Power Folding Mirrors, Genesis Dual Battery, BHLM with LED upgrade, Fog delete, Geko Bed & Underhood lighting, Rear camera anytime, Nav Block Override, 400W anytime w/ interior outlets, USB charging stations, DE-badged, TVD blackout kit, HiLux interior door handles, Hybrid SS/Delrin Shift Knob, Cali-Raised bed Stiffeners, Ultimate Tailgate Seal, "El Dorado" Dual-quad horns, Diamondback HD cover, Mobtown engine/trans skid plates, RCI control arm skids, JLT oil catch can, Meso overhead Hex rack.
    yes that is an option. I was referring to the Hill holder feature built into the clutch/brake pedals that is found on other 3rd gen Tacoma packages.

CygnusX191 likes this.
  11. Jul 3, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Did you down load the latest FM? those functions are there. in the tuning pull down menu under P5 flash utilities.

tonered likes this.
  12. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    no. feature where you can push the clutch pedal in harder when the brake is applied to get hill hold at the red light.

13. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:02 AM
    mZiggy

mZiggy Honey badger; VFPro licensed; YotaWerx Tuning

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5; 2020 4R TRD Pro; 2008 4R SR5 v8
    I have a '17 Pro MT and don't even have any sort of holding feature. Is "clutch start cancel" what is being referred to? It'll help you crawl forward on a start. But there's nothing that just holds you on a hill while the truck is running

14. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:03 AM
    mZiggy

mZiggy Honey badger; VFPro licensed; YotaWerx Tuning

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5; 2020 4R TRD Pro; 2008 4R SR5 v8
    Definitely don't have this feature and have never heard of it either. I routinely put my clutch to the floor. There's no further than that. Lol

15. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I have not ever seen it either. I have seen references to it and inappropriately believed what I read about other packages having it.

16. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:05 AM
    lapoltba

lapoltba Full Bridge Rectifier

Member:
    CT - 06076
    Vehicle:
    '17 Sport, ACLB, V6,MT, 04B14 OV-Tuned
    I think only the Sport got the hill assist feature. It's electronic, not mechanical like the old Studebaker and Subaru systems though. It artificially holds the brakes on when it detects you are stopped on a hill. It holds until you start depressing the gas pedal.

(I have a Sport and I know I have it)

Round the world, 0uTkAsT and tonered like this.
  17. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    This may be what I was seeing referenced

18. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:16 AM
    lapoltba

lapoltba Full Bridge Rectifier

Member:
    CT - 06076
    Vehicle:
    '17 Sport, ACLB, V6,MT, 04B14 OV-Tuned
  19. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:31 AM
    fatboyfirebass

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I don't want to steer you wrong by incorrectly remembering. But, on the OV TUNE website, he posted a video that shows the new set-up. Somewhere around the 1:40 mark, it gets into the DTC and LV reset buttons.

20. Jul 3, 2019 at 8:36 AM
    iexc

iexc WerXED BH2.0 AD

Member:
    First Name:
    Kalede
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport MT
    I have the sport.it engages I gues on certain angle for around 2snds.
    It’s weird only the sport has this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top