1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 Tacoma V6 4x4 TRD/OR AC/MT

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by AdventureKid, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM
    DJB1

DJB1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2003 Regular Cab 4X4 5MT
  2. Aug 20, 2015 at 6:44 AM
    M16

M16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Didn't occur to me that a US citizen wouldn't be allowed to buy a truck in Canada. Ironically, I'm pretty sure the TRD Off-Road MT is going to be built in Texas.

But if Toyota Corp. doesn't want me to buy their Texas-built truck in Canada and bring it back home, or if they make it prohibitively difficult or costly to do so, then I will walk away from the deal with no reservations whatsoever. I'd like a manual transmission, but I don't have to have it, and certainly not at any cost. There are other workable options for me out there in the marketplace. So if Toyota truly doesn't want my $40,000, I'll oblige.

Oh, and I do find the Canadian speedometer cute as a button. Would certainly miss that feature.

3. Aug 20, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Look into importing agencies , there are some threads on Canadian guys importing new US models and some of them used a middle man import set up , maybe there is an equivalent set up down south

AdventureKid[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 21, 2015 at 4:10 AM
    tubesock

tubesock Well-Known Member

Member:
    This got me curious about how this works. Are the safety labels on Canadian trucks the same as USA?

Can one of you friendly Canadians look at the inside door panel to see if it says "This vehicle conforms to all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS) in effect on the date of manufacture shown above." Or does it say Canadian and not Federal?

Products Discussed in

To Top