1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma - OVTUNE - VFTUNER - Update Info and Original Development

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by OVTune, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 6, 2021 at 7:50 PM
    Mshort03

Mshort03 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Holly springs nc
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD off road tacoma
    Hoe long should I expect to wait for my registration? I got my cable and just waiting on email reply so I can flash my truck

GreyBaldTaco likes this.
  2. Feb 6, 2021 at 8:12 PM
    Hammer40

Hammer40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB TRDOR(sold) '17 DCLB TRDOR (fresh)
    tonneau cover.
    Ok. In all of the reading there is one thing I cannot find an answer to. Octane. I'm assuming that there is a tune for 87 and a tune for 91 but are they both resident and selectable somehow? Or do you have to reflash for each tune?

3. Feb 6, 2021 at 8:19 PM
    PapaRee

PapaRee Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    There are Regular octane tunes and Premium octane tunes. Yes, you have to flash one or the other.
    Both are "Octane learning" and are good for a range of octanes. The Regular octane tune has a learning range from approx. 85-90. The Premium octane tune has a learning range from approx. 89-94.
    So, you can run Premium octane on a Regular tune, but can't run Regular octane on a Premium tune. I always recommend getting a Regular octane tune- even if you usually use Premium, that way you can run Regular octane if you ever want to or if you sell/trade in your truck.

Skydvrr, Hammer40[QUOTED] and TWTaco like this.
  4. Feb 6, 2021 at 9:01 PM
    Hammer40

Hammer40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Washington
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB TRDOR(sold) '17 DCLB TRDOR (fresh)
    tonneau cover.
    Thank you!

PapaRee[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 6, 2021 at 10:46 PM
    StormTroop425

StormTroop425 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bend, WA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Did OV ever come out with the 2020 tune in non-beta? or is it still in beta? I have been running the beta tune for months and it's great but wondered if it was finalized. Do I need to switch to vftuner instead?

6. Feb 7, 2021 at 5:46 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OVTune
    we releases non beta tunes almost a year ago I think. Send us a message on zendesk

Crimson Flam3s likes this.
  7. Feb 7, 2021 at 10:28 AM
    Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro
    Hello everyone,

I have been offline of this thread for quite some time so hoping someone can help point me in the right direction to get the correct tune (OV not VF) for my 2019 04b33 ECU (TSB Updated from 04B31 - AT), please? The last one I had was 04B31+-+2.0+EROM+91+-+Shift+Build+19800.

Also, will there be any additional improvement overall with the OV Tune now i have updated my ECU to 04b33?

Thank you in advance

8. Feb 7, 2021 at 12:46 PM
    wolfman00

wolfman00 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Gambrills/Crofton MD
    Vehicle:
    '16 dclb
    sortof stock. 6112/5160, pro wheels and a tune.
    uploaded the premium tune, does seem alot smoother.

9. Feb 7, 2021 at 4:37 PM
    dutchcontractor

dutchcontractor Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you are still using the old stand alone flash manager you will need the file to be in p5f format. 04B33 was never publicly released in that format since that is a relatively new update.

You are going to have to contact OV and see if they have that available for you.

Or download vftuner, use the flashmanager that comes with that (it'll work with your existing registration) and buy the 04b33 tunepack in .vft format.

PapaRee likes this.
  10. Feb 8, 2021 at 7:07 AM
    OVTune

OVTune [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OVTune
    vF Tuner 1.2.8.1 will be released in 15 mins.
    This is an interim update before a much larger update.
    included in this update is more tables
    - expansion on some shifting access
    - multiple tables for controlling fuel
    and other things

the large upcoming update will have multiple tables renamed / refined and updated for more info.

11. Feb 8, 2021 at 7:40 PM
    Chunkeymonkey

Chunkeymonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Pro
    Thank you for the info, I have sent OV a request for the files

12. Feb 9, 2021 at 7:22 AM
    Mshort03

Mshort03 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Holly springs nc
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD off road tacoma
    Goodluck. I've been waiting for almost a week for just a email reply so I can use the product I paid 800 for..

13. Feb 9, 2021 at 7:30 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Just in case, check the spam folder for the email address that you ordered with.

14. Feb 9, 2021 at 7:35 AM
    Mshort03

Mshort03 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Holly springs nc
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD off road tacoma
    I have. I check multiple times a day because I'm super excited about this. I'm also not trying to be a dick, I know he said they are busy and doing s change to vf tuner but I've asked on here and he ignored it while answering others, and I sent email last Wednesday with no reply. Another yesterday. I could have done all this before I even had the cables but they didn't tell me that so I was in truck ready to flash when I found out. Not a problem, so I just emailed in. I just figured with being a new customer hed atleast acknowledge me since he responded to other ppl in this same thread on the same day. Again, not at all trying to be a dick but if you just spent 800 and aren't receiving any acknowledgment it would make anyone apprehensive I believe. I think he has a great product based on all the reviews and thats why I ponied up the cash to do it the right way and support his vs some local tuner for 200. Id rather give HIM the business on HIS product

15. Feb 9, 2021 at 8:58 AM
    N5J_Taco

N5J_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I understand your frustrations BUT Mat is trying to get out the New vftune update for the MASSES not a few. I'm awaiting for new registry file so I can tune my truck...I don't like it either...BUT I understand!

Mshort03[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Feb 9, 2021 at 9:09 AM
    Mshort03

Mshort03 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Holly springs nc
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD off road tacoma
    I understand too..but don't you think its odd that he just ignored a message on here directed to him yet answered someone else in same day? Or that its odd that on their site they don't tell u these changes are happning before you spend 800? Or that you can email for the registration before cables arrive?idk just in my opinion seems like poor customer service for a new customer. If he's that busy then thats amazing...clearly he's doing well. So maybe hire someone to answer these emails? Idk. Just a thought. I'm very excited to tune my truck i just wanna know my 800 is seen...

17. Feb 9, 2021 at 9:16 AM
    newdles

newdles Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Achmed
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Off- road
    I don’t think he ignored you or anyone specifically. If you’ll look back often when he replies and quotes someone it’s a one and done and then he logs off. So basically he logs in, quotes the most recent person, responds, and possibly shares the info he intended to share when he logged on anyway. Don’t feel bad, he doesn’t respond to everyone and really never has.

18. Feb 9, 2021 at 9:18 AM
    Mshort03

Mshort03 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Holly springs nc
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD off road tacoma
    Gotcha. Well good to know...and I'm certainly not trying to take jabs at him.. I just want to tune my truck and after buying it I find out all these hurdles. Hopefully the updates or whatever are done soon because id love to have it installed before my trip. I've heard nothing but great things about the tune!

19. Feb 9, 2021 at 9:21 AM
    PapaRee

PapaRee Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    Martin,
    I understand your frustration. Where are you located? If you’re close, I will tune your truck (for free) while you wait for your registration.
    If you’re not close to me, maybe another person near you would do the same to help a brother out.

FCL30, xxTacocaTxx, DakoTaco and 4 others like this.
  20. Feb 9, 2021 at 9:29 AM
    N5J_Taco

N5J_Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    The only time I seen him respond is to clear up MISS information. From what I understand he does most of this by himself, so haven't heard otherwise. We aren't dealing with a large company so we need to be patient...that's what I keep telling myself. From what I have read the new update will lets us do most of the registration process ourselves and takes him out of the loop freeing him up to work on better tunes. Hang in there we all have been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top