1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 OR not level Left to Right?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Oldgrumpy2810, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:34 PM
    KkelX4

KkelX4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR
    RTT Rack
    I shouldn't feed the trolls but...

First off I'm only 155lbs.

Second off, the gas tank sits directly above/in front of the rear drivers side rear spring. That's 160lbs full plus's the tank weight.

Third, this things is only rated for what, 1100lbs including occupants and cargo? Less? That's pretty fucking light for a truck.

My 17 Tacoma had a lean within two months. But I'm not a complainer and I know this is common with every taco so I didn't give a shit. And this is not a new Tacoma this is a Tacoma with 950 miles on it. And the thing was the Tacoma lean is it doesn't just keep getting worse and worse worse. It just stops after like half an inch to an inch.

I'm not defending Toyota I think it's bullshit, but I also have a shop and a welder and a machine press and I can make some shims for myself pretty fucking easy.

besides if it's not successive loading why don't you offer up an explanation mr. Know it all

2. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    Oldgrumpy2810

Oldgrumpy2810 [OP] Member

Member:
    Tyger Boards, USB Ports inside... more to come
    KkelX4: I understand your point. If you have a shop-have you made shims for your ride to compensate for this lean?
    Sub_Par: I get the difficulty on this subject. I feel let down by Toyota, because at first i did not notice the lean. I have heard this many times... Trust me, I have taken the Hilux places in Central Africa you would not believe. Never, have i noticed any lean.

My personal solution is to get it leveled or lifted and be done with it.
    Any info or product advice is helpful for me.
    Heck if anyone is in Seattle and wants to meet up and help out-PM me!

3. Dec 9, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    eMKay

eMKay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue DCOR 6MT
    Pro Grill, roof rack, HID headlights, yellow fogs, LED high beams, trailer brake controller
    He’s incorrect, there is a lean, it’s cause by more weight on the driver side. Not sure why he’s claiming something is false when it’s obviously true. But there are also people that believe the world is flat, NASA is fake, and global warming is a scam. So you just have to filter them out.

KkelX4 likes this.
  4. Dec 9, 2018 at 2:41 PM
    Oldgrumpy2810

Oldgrumpy2810 [OP] Member

Member:
    Tyger Boards, USB Ports inside... more to come
    wait... you are saying the earth is not flat? :censored:

KkelX4 likes this.
  5. Dec 9, 2018 at 2:41 PM
    KkelX4

KkelX4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR
    RTT Rack

I made shims to correct the lean on my 01 Tacoma, with my 17 I just had too much going on to care or do something about it. I was gonna lift it anyways so I didn't care about the lean that much. For all intensive purposes I made a 3/8" shim out of a piece of flat bar and got a longer through bolt for my leaf pack.

Wheelers has a kit:

Products Discussed in

To Top