1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 Accessory Questions (Mainly 4WD, audio, tech questions)

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by nchastings, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Dec 7, 2019 at 1:42 PM
    nchastings

nchastings [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I am thinking of upgrading my 2016 TRD Off-Road. In the years I have owned it I have never used crawl control. I also noticed they changed a number of items and I don't know how the 2020 configuration really looks so hoping some of you can answer these questions. Basically, I was hoping to customize an SR5 to get the off road features I want but can't really tell what extra you get on Off-Road model that is not optionable. I don't really need crawl control but would like the panoramic cameras, etc... I honestly think my 2016 is a bit of a lemon so hoping the minor upgrades to 2020 and just an overall truck refresh will be a big improvement - just wondering if I can save some cash ordering an SR5 with a few features rather than going off-road version again.

1. Does the "premium" audio option eat up the rear behind seat space like it did in 2016-2019? I need that storage space and don't care too much about audio. I do want the Apple Car Play though.
    2. When I add the 4WD drive package to an SR5 I assume I will not get crawl control (or is that part of a tech package?) but I want rear locking diff. Would like the Bilsteins as well but can upgrade those later anyway. Does the 4WD drive option alone come with locker?
    3. Can I get panoramic cameras with tech package or is that part of Off Road package?

Seems there may be some issues with cameras if I upgrade a grill from an SR5 to a TRD Pro like I did in 2016 given they mount in different places.

Thanks for any help. Looked around but not really find this info.

2. Dec 7, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    SSMTRDOR

SSMTRDOR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR 4X4

Products Discussed in

To Top