1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 TRD Seat Cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ELVIS, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Oct 6, 2020 at 9:35 AM
    ELVIS

ELVIS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRDOR
    theoretically, lets say your old lady spilled coffee on the passenger seat of your new 2020. what would you use to clean? i got most, if not all of the coffee coloring out, now looks to be just water stains. Been a long time since ive had cloth seats. thanks!

2. Oct 6, 2020 at 9:38 AM
    LivinOnEdge

LivinOnEdge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Land of The Lost
    Vehicle:
    Four wheels and a refrigerator
    For me, if it was coffee, you may want someone to come professionally clean it with on of those auto/carpet cleaners. Other than that, it's also probably soaked through to the foam underneath. The closest thing to getting things back to normal is to remove the whole seat cover, wash it and let it air dry then try to clean the foam underneath it.

Also depends on how much coffee was spilled too. If its just a small handful I can clean it and as long as there is no odor, I can deal.

3. Oct 6, 2020 at 9:49 AM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    If it was straight coffee, you’re in luck. It’s prob not gonna smell, as long as it’s dried out. You could get one of those Bissel Little Green machines. I think they’re under $100 and are great for light cleaning of cloth seats.

Or take it to a professional and just have them steam the one seat. Shouldn’t cost too much for 5 minutes of work.

Too Stroked likes this.
  4. Oct 7, 2020 at 3:10 AM
    Mikro

Mikro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM TRD Pro
    If they’re cloth seats, look for a pet carpet spray called Nature’s Miracle. It breaks down organic stains/odors VERY well. Initially bought it for pat accidents, but I’ve used it for all kinds of stains and it never disappoints.

Products Discussed in

To Top