1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 OFFICIAL TW SECRET SANTA - WISHLIST THREAD!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TWSS, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Nov 14, 2022 at 10:57 AM
    GARSHA91

GARSHA91 YES, that is me on that Facebook group

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Just a grocery getter
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

odomandr and theredofshaw like this.
  2. Nov 15, 2022 at 5:58 PM
    daveeasa

daveeasa FBC Harness Solutions Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma OR DCSB 6MT, 2005 RC 5MT PreRunner, 2002 Tundra SR5 RCLB 4x4
    I promise to post something real but I’m tight on time because kids consume my free time.

I have a ton of mods and limited / no time to install them. Including last year’s TWSS gifts which I haven’t yet installed. I do love mods though and I sure have trucks to mod.

I think what I’d most want is advice to be honest. I realize that can’t be done anonymously, or at least not super easily.

OK, more thoughts below.

We just moved from so cal to the PNW. I’ve lived most of my life in warm climates so I’m still adjusting to the cold. I’ve geared up a little on gloves and pants but I could probably use help from someone who knows about outdoor gear for colder climates. I run, I’m working outside a bit with the new house, and we have a family dog.
    We have a wood stove. I’ve picked up a chainsaw and a maul and split about a cord worth from a honey locust we removed from the front yard. Not before it dinged up the minivan with a fallen branch. So, safety gear for that might be cool. I have some gloves and work pants and some nice boots but hearing and face protection I just have clear glasses and airbuds.

I’m pretty smack dab medium but pants are a royal B for me cause I used to ride bikes and my quads are snug in anything that fits my waist. I’m overstocked on bike gear so definitely don’t be thinking anything like that.

more later.

OK, a bit more, real quick, will continue to try to add color/context here so it doesn't annoy people in the rest of the thread, I figure whoever has me can refer to this (wish they could ask questions anonymously via DM too, that would be super cool).

I have three trucks, just got my '02 Tundra home from San Diego where it's been in mod heaven at my mechanic's house (Speed Freak) for about 1.5 years. Super stoked to have it back. Tons to do to it. Then an '05 Tacoma RC which is in the shop locally trying to get the front coilovers done. And my "daily" which is a 2016 DCSB OffRoad. All 3 trucks are decently where I want them but the "advice" part I'd love to have is what someone else might do or consider doing to make more sense out of the stable. It's entirely excessive to have so many vehicles, and don't get me started on my 6 sets of wheels (2 sets are snows which will hopefully be valuable here in the PNW). Specifically product advice for stuff I don't know about. I have build threads for all three trucks, they all have "Irrelevance" in the title, the two Tacos are here and the Tundra is on Tundras.com so interacting with those threads with comments / suggestions / questions, to me that wouldn't ruin the TWSS aspect at all and it'd help me try to make sense of the overload I've made for myself vehicle-wise.

Working on some home improvement short and long term plans, we just moved in August. I am pretty well stocked on tools though but it's hard to go wrong with anything tool related. We've done a bunch of floors and next is the kitchen so that's a big one. I also am trying to get some organized shed setup for our firewood sooner rather than later, it was all stored under the deck and was a nice warm home for rodents, so i've got it out of there and tarped. Plus I split the wood from a tree we recently felled after it tossed a branch on the wife's minivan.

Two kids, 5 and 7 years old, both boys and a dog, extended family nearby (wife's sister with 2 kids roughly the same age and wife's brother who owns a horse farm.) One of my favorite dude activities is hauling horses with my wife's brother.

TLDR: I really don't need a single thing, I'm somewhat of a hoarder already and I'm stocked up big time on mods to do and short on time so prioritizing the must-do's short term. So I'm going to be a tough one to buy for, especially since I have so many mods in bins waiting for time. The hope is, long term, I may be able to build an attached shop on the side of the garage to have long term project vehicle work done without being too cold and not disrupting daily life.

11/29 -- extra thoughts (thanks for the awesome multi-meter)

-- firewood wet/dry tester (if I buy it, I think my wife might use that as a sign of weakness, the wood burning stove is already a sore topic)
    -- other wood burning stove stuff but the dicey thing here is the wife owns all the aesthetics so this could be a tricky one. I'm all set on saws, mauls and hatchets but the non-obvious gear is stuff I don't really know.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  3. Nov 15, 2022 at 6:59 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    Will jot down my wildest fantasies but mostly hobbies. We’re headed to Baja in a couple of days so you may not see this updated until after thanksgiving. Apologies in advance.

Last year I got some pizza making stuff and baeofung gmrs radios (please do not send more I have a box of them now. That would prob the one thing not to send).

Have some fun, I am generally active here and in other areas. Build thread is more or less up to date. Explore, build, fix, break repeat

Some of this is Baller but it is all part of the fun and things on my list. Have fun searching around for some cool ideas. I have a ton of Hobbies but right now exploring and building my truck with my son is the major one. Hunting, EDC, Sports and bourbon. Recently have gotten back into Knives and picking up one off from various makers. Gifts with all sorts of things and your own thought are awesome to see, have some fun with it. Some random thoughts on things I am looking at or into right now. So if I got bill gates woot woot! Make sure to buy my mom a house Bill. HO HO HO HO! Every year is fun to see what we get.

• Legos - My son loves Legos never a bad idea.
    • Any of the below stuff to get the fam more involved in trips is a big +++
    • Compact Camping Gear to help save space.
    • Nice portable firebox like fireside outdoor or similar.
    • Cool camping gadgets - Cooking always a sucker for
    • Coffee and more Coffee and Coffee Gadgets (All types, pour over, expresso, chemex, Aeropress etc). I do not have turkish or viet setups but all is great
    • Cool Flashlights/headlamps
    • Bourbon Bourbon Bourbon
    • Your Local IPAs, BA Stouts
    • Sporst Raiders/Athletics Sports Gear, USA Soccer (my son age 5 would love too)
    • Better Storage Gear for camp setup
    • BBQ - Low and Slow, cooking and pizza making.
    • First Lite/Sikka or other related Hunting Gear (Range finder, Binoculars)
    • Diesel heater setup for cold weather camping
    • EDC Gear - S/W Shield/Sig p220/p226 stuff - tactical1 stuff i hear is fantastic
    • 80/20 stuff to build some storage like Goose Gear or even that if your baller.
    • GoFast Parts
    • Long Range Fuel Tank
    • TC Howe Steering setup
    • High Power mobile Ham Setup - Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood with external face
    • New Rear End - (blew my rear end this week in Baja) yay!
    • Knives/Axes and things like that are already rad.
    • Audio Equipment or cool 2nd Gen items.
    • Working on new House Battery setup for the truck. RedArc or Victron - Wiring, connectors, electrical tools, labeler etc anything to help with that.
    • Milwaukee Tools if you go that route
    • Size L is a safe bet for shirts/Hoodies.
    • I have a Cat, No Dog

On my truck beside the new year end that is needed building out the rear bed in the camper and getting dialed in with better storage and power sources is top on the truck list Suspension and Go Fast are always going to be active projects.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
    odomandr likes this.
  4. Nov 15, 2022 at 7:38 PM
    spencermarkd

spencermarkd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Driftwood Pearl 4Runner
    Shoot, names go out tomorrow so I should probably get on this.

I'm spencer, I have a 4th gen 4runner (07 sr5 v6 sold the taco last summer), 4 motorcycles, a wife, and a small but fierce dog named Raleigh. I think this is my third year in a row participating.

I have a pretty wide array of hobbies. I dig lego, am still learning/teaching myself to weld, enjoy getting down with some grilling or smoking (rockin a gas grill though..), enjoying building computers and dicking around with anything tech, 3d printing (wanhao i3 clone, nothing special), have a drone (mavic mini 2), really enjoy throwing mods onto the bikes (and filming them for an incredibly small youtube channel, which I could use some kind of a mic setup for my phone, tbh), drink a lot of beer and mostly gravitate towards hazy and hoppy, snowboarding, tshirt size xl, sports teams are mariners, kraken, seahawks, and WSU Cougars. I have a few things that go pew that are always hungry (9,.22, 12, 556, .177, 7.62x54R) and can always use targets. Garage stuff is great, particularly organizing things, gadgets, weird but useful tools, etc, hand made stuff is cool, too. I'd love more stuff to throw on the garage walls.

Here's a word doc that I've given my family for inspiration with a Amazon list in there, too: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xNpYOzAmAiJmTEN20Cl9dNMnckj9FN9jMrlSaR5dvNo/edit?usp=sharing

Looking forward to this year's good times!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    odomandr, PapaBear and fatfurious2 like this.
  5. Nov 15, 2022 at 8:34 PM
    PapaBear

PapaBear Never test how deep the water is with both feet.

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    SIN CITY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PR 4.0... Aaaand she’s GONE
    Soft Suspension Hard Rubber ®
    Totally forgot to post here cause I didn’t know if I was gonna be included
    Sold the truck because I needed something more economical for the time but I plan on buying it back sometime sooner than later so truck mods are out the window.
    My current vehicle is an 18 Ford Fusion SE with the 2.0eco. For current vehicle mods, been looking at the Livernois 2.0eco tuner but haven’t bit the bullet.
    On personal things, currently getting my pilots license in a c182. I’ve got an iPad mini 6 for ForeFlight but I’ve been trying to find a case and mount that works for me.
    Pro2A of course, working on my first 80% g19 right now but haven’t gotten a lpk or upk for my brownells g19 long slide or the lower. Any suggestions on triggers are welcome as well, have to be gen3. Always happy with mags ar, hk vp9 /Vp9sk, or glock now. Always wanted a FRT or suppressor for my custom 300blk SBR but I don’t think I’ll be getting one of those anytime soon, especially the FRT cause ATF:anonymous:and a DIAS is out of the budget right now :rofl:

Into computers as well, thinking about getting a small nas setup at some point. Looking at upgrading my current cpu to the AMD r9 5950x to finish out this AM4 socket lifecycle since there’s really no reason to go AM5 right now.

I’ve got an almost 4yo corgi, currently my only ride or die but, I’m working on that :bananadead: let’s just say “she belong to the streets”
    I’m somewhat into kicks. I’m not for what Kanye has said but I’ve always wanted a pair of Yeezys. I finally was able to cop a pair of sz14 Oreos this past Yeezy day but Adidas couldn’t fulfill it after almost a month waiting because they ran out of stock and didn’t want to give me anything for wasting my time besides the refund and now prices are higher of course.

Besides all my wants, I would appreciate anything you can surprise me with. It can be local meats or foods or alcohol or anything that I probably wouldn’t get out here in Vegas. I’m down for almost anything. I hope you have a great thanksgiving and holiday season to whoever is my SS

odomandr likes this.
  6. Nov 15, 2022 at 9:15 PM
    mtip

mtip Go Outside & Play!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Sport 6MT 00 Tundra 5MT
    I'll get this updated better.

A big thanks to all involved. Especially the Elves!!
    Have done TWSS since 2018. Always enjoy anything unique to your area.

XL on shirt size.

Im OK with receiving alcohol too. I've recently started trying different Blanco Tequilas.

If you've got a favorite BBQ rub or spice blend, I'm BBQing when I can.

Dewalt 20v Batteries

More info to come........

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    odomandr likes this.
  7. Nov 15, 2022 at 10:42 PM
    Nicklovin

Nicklovin Mall Crawlin Through Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    00 The Tunda - 0̶4̶ P̶r̶e̶r̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶ - 0̶1̶ O̶v̶e̶r̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ - 07 FJ Mall Crawler Xtrme
    Tacoless
    Howdy Ho Secret Santa :santa:
    Hope you and your family are having a lovely holiday season. To be honest I'm not sure what I would like but here are some ideas.

I could use some more shirts. Cool graphic t-shirts or something athletic would be sweet, I'm a XXL. Also I recently picked up a nice C5 Corvette as a nice investment/toy, I could really use a decent pressure washer so I can clean that and the truck at home. My current Home Depot one leaks more than it shoots out.

If you want to get me something truck related I could use a pair of flush mount amber lights to mount into my rear bumper to use as dust lights. Amazon brands are welcomed :santa2:. Coms are also welcome, I tend to use a handheld ham baofeng but it would be sweet to extend the range. Ideally an antenna that I can bolt on, with a cable running from that to inside the cab which I can connect to my baofeng handheld. Now that I think of it, the truck could really use some new headlights! I've buffed the housings a dozen times but it's time for a replacement. You could get the TYC brand from RockAuto if you like. Another idea, a space heater, or something similar, would be nice. My girl friend wants to go camping more, but she doesn't like the cold and it's desert season. :D

I know I don't post a lot, surprised I made the cut this year haha, but hopefully that helps.
    Have a great Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas :santa2:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
    rimfire7 and odomandr like this.
  8. Nov 16, 2022 at 6:48 AM
    Clark27

Clark27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Springfield, MA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Lexus GX460
    RESERVED.

I promise to come back and continue adding some info!

I have a female dog (German Shorthair Pointer) named Tilly that gets most of my attention. Don’t tell my fiancé that haha.
    • Toys (she’s never found a toy she can’t destroy
    • KONG to fill with treats
    • Treats in general!
    Recently purchased a house that became a total renovation so tools are ALWAYS welcome.
    • Speed square
    • Milwaukee Torpedo level (7 inch)
    • Long distance tape measure (200-300 feet)
    • Quality hearing protection for woodshop
    • Quality eye protection
    • Shop apron?
    We own about 14 acres now so maybe land management stuff?
    • Chains for trailer/tractor
    • Heavy duty ratchet straps
    • Spare tire carrier for trailer
    I enjoy cooking and using the pellet smoker
    • BBQ sauces
    • Spice rubs for smoking meats
    I drink beer and whiskey on occasion
    • Local beers are always cool (IPA, pale ale or sour beers)
    • Whiskey is welcome

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    odomandr likes this.
  9. Nov 16, 2022 at 8:03 AM
    grdgz97

grdgz97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB
    TWSS 2022

K.I.S.S. for me y’all. If you don't know what that is, I may receive some crazy stuff! :D

A local to you brew, jerky, stickers for the beer fridge. A favorite bbq rub or sauce.

:hattip:

odomandr and spencermarkd like this.
  10. Nov 16, 2022 at 10:30 AM
    odomandr

odomandr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSBTRDOR silver streak mica 2023 T4R Ltd blizzard pearl
    Icon, SPC,, ARB, BAMF, Warfab, SCS, Michelin, Leer Stock
    I like to dig a bit and find something off the wishlist.... If that is pissing you off then poke me or have someone pm me and I will make a list....

11. Nov 16, 2022 at 11:24 AM
    KingOfTheNorth

KingOfTheNorth Kum and Go King

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner
    All the mods
    I share my Amazon wishlist with my wife. It is filled with crap I dont want and WE dont need. Someone would fuck with me and buy the housing decorations my wife wants lol I dont want that crap!

12. Nov 16, 2022 at 1:49 PM
    dmurph1996

dmurph1996 Beer me

Member:
    First Name:
    murph
    Arvada, CO
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    :devil:

odomandr and RtacomaN like this.
  13. Nov 16, 2022 at 1:51 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    Always could use tools, knives, recovery gear size 3x shirts. If you happened to hit the powerball long travel, front locker or a Wedge camper would suffice.

odomandr and RtacomaN like this.
  14. Nov 16, 2022 at 1:52 PM
    KingOfTheNorth

KingOfTheNorth Kum and Go King

Member:
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner
    All the mods
    :facepalm:Dammit

odomandr likes this.
  15. Nov 16, 2022 at 8:19 PM
    Cred92

Cred92 PAID4MOD

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Jasper Al
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Ink Sport DCLB/White RC I4 5MT
    BLACK AND BLUE STUFF
    Just did slide in on this years twss. Thanks to all those that put it on, been out for a year or two but glad to be back. Got a 5 year old girl that’d be great if she got a surprise, happened in years past and was great watching her get a gift from an anonymous person. Wear a size L in any tshirt, like beer/some whiskey like grilling. Got a rc taco as my daily kinda freshening it up, so anything someone could think for it.

odomandr likes this.
  16. Nov 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM
    RtacomaN

RtacomaN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Colorado
    I’m pretty easy to please and never mind surprises or used new to me items. If you prefer a list:

hobby’s include:
    Mountain biking- MTB gloves size large, ergon Ga3 grips, large black
    Knives (always wanted a Bench made and the leatherman T4 look cool)
    Newer leatherman like the skeletool
    Pew pews and anything related/.223/556 ammo.
    Groove Belt, black or equivalent.
    Have a budget red dot like the Sig Romeo5 on my list this year.
    Tacomas / truck stuff (2nd gen double cab MT)
    Camping (just bought a scamp to keep the family warm)
    Running, trail and road
    Skiing- bonus for warm mittens, Raynaud's life.
    Exercise
    Craft coffee snob- pour over guy using a Chemex :D
    Currently an RN and in grad school for my masters so healthcare related is always an easy win too, MDF reflex hammer etc.

If you won the jackpot nab me a S/C, new EDC 9mm, or home defense 20G so the wife will pick it up :D

use your imagination, I’m not picky and in it for the fun.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    odomandr likes this.
  17. Nov 19, 2022 at 7:14 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    :woot:I only have the 14 Tundra now, no more Hilux or Tacoma :pout: so the modding has started there.
    It needs the interior de-chromed, the sun is blinding when it hits all the chrome trim
    I can always use hunting items
    Camping is of course something we enjoy
    Basically anything outdoors
    I do some wood working
    I have an 18 month old little girl and we have a boy on the way
    Large shirt, large gloves

Like Taylor above, I'm not picky and always greatfuk for what TWSS brings!

RtacomaN and odomandr like this.
  18. Nov 19, 2022 at 9:58 AM
    TinyTech626

TinyTech626 reverses st. signs & steals everyone's left shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Liz
    Bucks Co, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD AmoCat
    Stuff. Things.
    Dear @TWTaco… elves are inquiring…

odomandr likes this.
  19. Nov 19, 2022 at 11:45 AM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    That tag didnt work? @TWTaco

odomandr likes this.
  20. Nov 19, 2022 at 11:46 AM
    TinyTech626

TinyTech626 reverses st. signs & steals everyone's left shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Liz
    Bucks Co, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD AmoCat
    Stuff. Things.
    Yea... I don't know why.. that was weird, thank you for the assist!!

Products Discussed in

To Top