1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

255/85/16 Black Wheel Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by cosmac, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mar 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    cosmac

cosmac [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boulder, CO
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off Road Double Cab
    I'm looking for summer tires for Colorado off road use with my 2013 TRD offroad double cab. I'm trying to achieve maximum ground clearance with minimal mods (prefer not to lift or cut). Reading the forums it looks like the narrow 255/85/16 tires are my best bet. I'm considering the BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 with the Wheelers type "A" steel wheels.(http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm)

Can anyone confirm this combination works on an unmodified TRD offroad double cab and does not rub even at full (stock) suspension travel?

I'm also open to other suggestions. Running Hakkapeliitta's now but the snow is disappearing!

2. Mar 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Member:
    First Name:
    JUAN
    Malibu, CA
    Vehicle:
    Taco
    Lift- stock suspension with light racing uppers,tc coil bucket gusset, timbern bumps ,defined extended shackles with shackle brace. Armor- custom tube bumper, kr fab rear bumper,trail gear wiy 78 in sliders Performance-intake manifold spacer, vibrant resonator Random stuff- kenwood head unit,b&m t shifter, hood bug deflector.
    Don't buy steelies over time they don't balance right and get warped. And your gunna have to cut/trim the fender even with a lift

3. Mar 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM
    KPT

KPT sees what you did there.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner
    Katskin leather interior, Satoshi grille, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, rear leaf TSB, magnaflow exhaust, 18x9 BBS RW's, 275/65/18 Nitto TG's, black headlights, black taillights, Hella Supertones, weathertechs, EFX tri-fold tonneau, n-Fab steps
    255/85/16 will definitely not fit without a bunch of trimming at stock height, even with no suspension compression.

To Top