1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

285s on stock TRD 16s?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by eltaco, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Nov 28, 2008 at 9:31 AM
    eltaco

eltaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC Offroad
    So I've browsed through enough forums to make me sick, and still not sure I'm able to do this, so here's a few questions. I'm running a 3" Tuff Country kit in front, currently without a lift in back since I just got my TSB leaf pack put in. With 265s, I measure 8" from top of tire to wheel well both front and back. I've got the stock UCAs and the stock TRD off-road 16s.

1. Do I need spidertrax spacers to switch to 285s with this setup?
    2. Will I need to trim any painted fender, or just the black plastic wheel wells?
    3. Will someone take a picture of what needs trimmed and post it?
    4. Is there any way to save the front mud flaps, or move them back?
    5. Is there anything else I should know before I do this?

Thanks!

2. Nov 28, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I'm running 285s on the stock rims and I got the spidertrax spacers to fix the UCA rubbing issue.

1. Not mandatory, but recommended. I was rubbing my UCAs with 285s on stock rims before the spacers and I'm not after them.
    2. Before the spacers, I wasn't rubbing any fenders. After them, I get an occasional rub at full lock in reverse. I haven't trimmed any yet, but probably will at some point.
    3. There are plenty of pics on here of what people had to trim. Just do a quick search...
    4. I just removed mine, but I don't think you can. Maybe some third party mud flaps??

Products Discussed in

To Top