1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen double cab... amp mount space?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Anthony, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Jul 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM
    Anthony

Anthony [OP] San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    i have a question about what my options are:
    2nd gen double cab tacoma... with a dual sub enclosure behind the seat with amprack. i want to run 2 amps... theyre fairly small sized (alpine 400w mono & eclipse 60x2).
    one of them will obviously fit on the rack, and assuming theres no way for both to fit, im unfamiliar with whats under the front 2 seats and obviously you cant put anything under the reat seats due ot the storage area... would there be ample space to mount a generally small amp there under the front seats?
    im not all too familiar with my tacoma as ive only put about 1400 miles on it so far :(

id love to just run one amp, but im not having any luck finding a multi channel that can run 50-60w rms @ 4ohms for my front components and rear channels that can get a bridged output somewhere close to 400w @ 2ohms.

if any of you have suggestions on an amp that would suit my needs please share ;)

2. Jul 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top