1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen grille

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by neoflex, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Nov 17, 2010 at 6:33 AM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    May be a dumb question and I did search but didn't find what I was looking for so please bare with me if this has been covered in the past. I am looking to do the GrilleCraft grille with fogs behind it but my question pertains to the stock grille. Is there any way to remove the dark gray center without cutting it? I am thinking if I decided to get rid of the truck in the future and bring it back to stock prior, I don't want to have to replace the whole grille assembly including the color matched portion and would rather be able to just pull the mesh and replace the stock center and be done with it. Again, may be a dumb question as I have not even looked at the truck yet to investigate as I was just looking at some images and like the look and figured why the F not.

2. Nov 17, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You can remove the colored or chrome shell from the black plastic backing but you can not remove the center piece without cutting. Price to pay for grillecraft grille... Some billets fit over the existing grille and do not require irreversible modification.

3. Nov 17, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    You may want to consider getting a used grille from someone here or from Ebay....to experiment with...and save your stock grille. I don't think the cross members separate....at least they didn't on the 05-10. Not sure about the 11. You can probably pick up a used grille for about $100??? :notsure:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Nov 17, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    2011 is even worse because it has that plastic mesh. Lots of cutting required!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Nov 17, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
  6. Nov 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    neoflex

neoflex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I was afraid of that. I was hoping the dark gray inner was removable. Ahh well I guess the sawsall will get a work out. Thanks!

7. Nov 18, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    I would imagine a GC or satoshi actually would increase someone's want to buy your truck should you sell

Products Discussed in

To Top