1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Map Light Install

Discussion in 'MESO Customs' started by Fixxxer, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Nov 23, 2021 at 2:11 PM
    Fixxxer

Fixxxer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Port Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DCLB Super White
    ARB Front/Rear Air Lockers, Nitro Gear 4:88's, Hutchinson Rock Monsters, SOS Concepts Front Aluminium Bumper, UpTop Overland Alpha XL Roof Rack, ARB Snorkel, AVS Rainguards, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Mats, Flyzeye led's, MESO Molle Rack, Meso LED Dome Light, K&N Air Filter, UNI Filter Mod, Bosch Wiper Blades, Snugtop Sportster Reinforced Canopy, Viper 2-Way Remote Start, ARB Twin Compressor,
    Hi there. When installing the map lights for 2nd gen, do the stock reflectors need to be removed?
    I can't find an installation video for 2nd gen.

Thank you

Taco Yoda likes this.
  2. Nov 24, 2021 at 7:07 PM
    Taco Yoda

Taco Yoda New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2015 Double Cab
    Same question, assuming they need to be removed but not ready to break the tabs that hold the reflectors in unless absolutely necessary.

3. Nov 24, 2021 at 9:46 PM
    Fixxxer

Fixxxer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Port Angeles
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport DCLB Super White
    ARB Front/Rear Air Lockers, Nitro Gear 4:88's, Hutchinson Rock Monsters, SOS Concepts Front Aluminium Bumper, UpTop Overland Alpha XL Roof Rack, ARB Snorkel, AVS Rainguards, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Mats, Flyzeye led's, MESO Molle Rack, Meso LED Dome Light, K&N Air Filter, UNI Filter Mod, Bosch Wiper Blades, Snugtop Sportster Reinforced Canopy, Viper 2-Way Remote Start, ARB Twin Compressor,
    I ended up working it out. You need ti remove the reflector shrouds which is easy to do if you are careful. I used some angled needle nose pliers and gripped the outer sides of each shroud ear and gently worked them loose one at a time. this way I can replace them if I ever decided to.
    The new map lights fit easily and work great with no trimming of the small shroud pegs necessary.
    The hardest part was to get the stock bulbs out. I used a small strip of duct tape and wrapped the bulb which gave me something to pull down on.

4. Dec 8, 2021 at 9:26 AM
    PETEREDGE

PETEREDGE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    PETER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2012 BAJA BLACK 4X4
    ARB FRONT BUMPER...16x8 SR8 RIMS ,YOKAHAMA MT'S,DEMELLO SLIDERS,UPGRADED SOUND SYSTEM...
    I didn't have to remove mine.

To Top