1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen. Passenger Seat Amplifier Clearance

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Lars, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jul 29, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    Lars

Lars [OP] Radio Active

Member:
    First Name:
    Lars
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tundra TRD RockWarrior
    Yes.
    I'm looking to put a modest system in my Access Cab, but also want to avoid giving up any more of my limited interior space than is necessary.

I'm looking at a Sub Thump box that extends from the center console to the back panel, creating an armrest for rear seat passengers. I know there's more space under the drivers seat. Unfortunately I have already filled that space with a Kenwood TS-480Sat Ham Radio transceiver. Image of Kenwood

I'm looking at the Alpine PDX-V9 amplifier which has a footprint of : (WxHxD) in: 10-1/8'' x 2'' x 7-1/2''

Is this likely to fit under the passenger seat? What, if any, modifications can I make to the underside of the passenger seat to increase clearance if necessary?

Thank you in advance. (My fallback plan is to bolt the amp to the side of the sub box, leaving the top clear.)

2. Jul 30, 2015 at 5:39 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Have not done it myself, but I understand there is a bar on the underside that takes quite a bit of the height away. That bar can be flipped over to gain most of that space back. Whether it gets you the 2" you need, I don't know.

3. Jul 30, 2015 at 6:23 AM
    ZMan2k2

ZMan2k2 “Hold my beer and watch this!”

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    ‘Berta
    Vehicle:
    06 Rad Red DCLB SR5
    You have to pull the seat from the truck, and as mentioned, there's a bar that goes across the back, underside of the seat. You need to pull the screws, flip it 90*, and screw it back in, then drop the seat back in. This allows for full movement of the seat on the sliders, and gives room for your own adjustments on the amp. I have the PDX-M12 under my pass. seat, so the V9 will fit fine if you flip the bar.

4. Jul 30, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    i think it may still even fit without the flip but the option to flip is there if it doesnt

5. Jul 30, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    Lars

Lars [OP] Radio Active

Member:
    First Name:
    Lars
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tundra TRD RockWarrior
    Yes.
    Excellent! Thanks guys!

6. Jul 31, 2015 at 5:30 AM
    timothom

timothom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Access cab sr5
    Kenwood DMX7705S PrecisionPower Phantom 900.4 Alpine type-r 8" Image Dyanmics CXS64.2
    I wanted to do my passenger side, but that adjustment bar didn't give enough clearance for my PDR-f50. I would imagine you'll have similar issues. Fortunately, there's enough clearance under the driver's seat, WITH spacers under my amp so it cools better.

7. Sep 11, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    folkstyle

folkstyle Member

Member:
    Jolly ol England
    Vehicle:
    2011 AC
    I just dropped a Phoenix Gold 600.2 under the passenger seat. I went to do the bar flip but my drill couldn't remove the bolts for the seatbelt to expose the bar bolt. I got slightly frustrated and hit it with a hammer... The bar flipped, I can't move it by hand and it stays firm. After that flip there is a LOT of real estate. My foot print is 16.0"L x 9.8"W x 2.25"H and there is a lot of room left. that airbag box under the driver side wouldn't let the 600 go there and with the extra thing on the slider I had to move my zx400ti to where I cannot adjust the gain. Why is it said there is so much room under the driver side? the passenger side is like a giant field of use me.

Edit: Sorry 2011 AC for reference.

Products Discussed in

To Top