1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen Shackle Bushings

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by goufcustom, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Dec 15, 2012 at 7:42 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Leonardtown, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 TRD Off Road DC SR5
    Bed Topper, Diff Breather, aFe Cold Air Intake, Satoshi Grill, Moved Horns, Oil Catch Can, Tailgate Lock, Husky Mud Flaps, H4 65/70W Bulbs, Lower Grill Mesh, TRD Skid Plate, LEDs in the bed, LEDs behind the grill for accent lighting, Parking lights as turn signals, LED turn signals and reverse lights, 5100s up front, eibachs up front, SS extended brake lines all around, 1.5" AAL in the rear, Relentless Fab U-Bolt Flip Kit, ICON Progressive AAL, TRD Wheel Center Caps, HomeLink, Heated Driver Seat, Hella 500 FF Driving Lights, BAMF Diff Skid, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ KickOut.
    Anyone replace the bushings in their 2nd gen Shackles? I have 115k miles and I am going to replace my stock springs and bushings, and got to thinking about the shackle bushings. Do the factory bushings have a metal outer piece that will make it hard to remove and replace? Is there an aftermarket bushing for the shackle?

2. Apr 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM
    Crom

Crom Time is precious; use it wisely

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab 4x4 Off Road
    A.R.E. MX Shell & Yakima Rack, Stubbs HD-SKO Rock Sliders, JBA UCA's & OME 885 Coils and nitrochargers, Dakar leaf packs, u-bolt flip, Flat BajaRack, Kenwood VHF/UHF Radio, Aux Battery, Solar Panels, L-Track everywhere, Goodyear Duratracs, Secured tailgate, 7-pin relocation, Inverter 400W all time, In-cab 110v outlets, Rear-seat 12v outlets., Steering shaft TSB, anytime fogs, DTRL toggle switch, aux turn signals, Diff Breather, ImMrYo mirror bracket, ABS Kill switch, (2) Kid Car Seats, and a Glock 23 with night sights.
    Did you ever replace yours? I have the same question as you and was searching for an answer.

To Top