1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen Tacoma engine swap. Engine from an auto 2.7 put into a manual 2.7

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by MJboo, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Aug 16, 2020 at 12:05 PM
    MJboo

MJboo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2005 black Tacoma 5spd
    I am new to the forum and Hoping someone can help me out.
    I have 2005 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4X4 manual 5spd access cab. I put 200,000 on the truck and the motor blew head gasket. Anyway I had a friend of a friend do a motor swap for me and he got me a nice motor with 50,000 miles. It runs good I just got it back today and trying to understand a few things.
    The engine that he put in it is from the a 2006 same motor, the difference tho is the engine was from an automatic. Like I said I just got it back but the idle was a little jumpy but seems to be smoothing out, also it seems when I'm in say 2nd gear or 3rd I'll be accelerating and it feels like I let off the gas just a little bit.
    My question is, do you know of anything that would make an original auto engine act up in a manual truck with my manual ecm. Should I ask if he replaced the throttle body?
    Sorry for my lack of Grammer and confusing post. It is my first post and I'm having trouble putting my question into words.

Products Discussed in

To Top