1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2rz-fe spark plugs - best for mpg/power

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by wosneski, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jun 23, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    wosneski

wosneski [OP] New Member

Member:
    miami, fl
    Vehicle:
    2RZ-FE/2wd (base)
    One tire bigger than the others-- Rebuilt title baby!
    I'm sure this has been covered before, but the search function didn't help me out.

Just traded my 14mpg Ram for an '00 2rz-fe tacoma with 93k. Soon I'm going to replace or at least clean and re-gap the spark plugs in my 00 2rz-fe. Owner's manual specifies Denso K16R-U and NGK BKR5EYA. Autozone is likely going to have some equivalent AutoLite in stock, which is fine, but I'd like to know exactly what people have used & which is the best for power/mpg, etc. And what they have gapped them at.

Like last time I bought the Autozone counter-special for my Ram, I later learned there were some better Autolite plugs with a lower heat range that I could have bought instead for mpg/power.

2. Jun 23, 2008 at 3:15 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    MPG and "power" are mutually exclusive, you can't have both, it's either one or the other, can't have the best of both worlds.

Don't use anything other than Denso or NGK plugs, our trucks don't play well with other brands. The correct gap is .044. If you get them from the dealer or sparkplugs.com they will come pre-gapped.

Products Discussed in

To Top