1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2TR-FE Performance Thread

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by BassAckwards, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Apr 16, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    Brian422

Brian422 I fell into the pit that is TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBCSB F/R Locked, 35's ,Long travel, 23 Tundra 4x4 limited
    Not Stock
    I was talking bout SC lol

2. May 4, 2022 at 8:00 PM
    Doc76251

Doc76251 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 ACLB
  3. May 4, 2022 at 8:02 PM
    mushroom_man7

mushroom_man7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    wow the price went up $150, i got mine for $500. noticed the same thing for the deaver leaf packs, they now cost $200 more then what i got them for. for once my impulse buying paid off!

4. May 5, 2022 at 2:39 PM
    navin

navin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Has anyone bolted this LCE header up to a 22 2.7 yet?

5. May 5, 2022 at 4:27 PM
    Doc76251

Doc76251 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 ACLB
    They say up to 2020 but for $720 to your door you can tell us!:thumbsup:
    If your near VA Beach, VA I'll let you test fit it before I bolt it on mine!

Cheers,

Doc

navin likes this.
  6. May 5, 2022 at 4:41 PM
    Hayrider

Hayrider Over the hill & going down fast...

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB & X-cab SOLD for more than new‼️ Now 05 & 07
    Reg Cabs, 5 lug, 5 spd, Magnuson & LS Swap, StopTech’s, Yada Yada Yada…
    I will be at LCE tomorrow about 2 or 3 PM AZ time, I will ask about fitment…
    They are going to install a Heltech system and tune it next week for the Magnuson supercharger. Apparently there are several Heltech tuners in Lake Havasu…

7. May 6, 2022 at 5:05 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    That is exciting!

8. May 6, 2022 at 5:18 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well I asked about the header fitting a 2022. LCE said they haven’t tried one on a new truck yet. But they haven’t heard anything from Toyota saying anything changed. So they are suspecting there shouldn’t be any issues. But please call and ask. You can ask for Steve he’s the new GM and ask him if there are issues would they refund. Steve pretty cool guy.

05Taco4x4 and navin[QUOTED] like this.
  9. May 6, 2022 at 5:23 PM
    navin

navin Well-Known Member

Member:

Thanks, appreciate the help. I will ring him next week!

Hayrider[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Jun 4, 2022 at 12:17 PM
    Reh5108

Reh5108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 2.7L Extra Cab
    OME lift, 4x sliders, Demello rear bumper, custom front bumper, Engo 9000lb winch
  11. Jun 4, 2022 at 12:32 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
  12. Jun 4, 2022 at 12:53 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    @BassAckwards Need to get yours on the rollers and compare. :boink:

LCE did a great job with the tuning. Smooth delivery. I bet you are thoroughly excited, @Hayrider

13. Jun 4, 2022 at 1:24 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    :yes: I am.

Gabe said “The Haltech Is Still Learning”. :notsure:

He also suggested that I get a better flowing exhaust and a K&N filter as I still have a modified stock exhaust. I told him you can forget about the K&N air filter past history with that junk. I also told him I had the new Magnaflow Overland no drone system modified to fit the 2TR and installed a 5x8x14 Magnaflow for a resonator. But @ 3000 plus RPM’s women & children would run for safety. (Not kidding) OMG it F-ing Screamed‼️ :frusty: But I will say it didn’t drone.

BananaMan likes this.
  14. Jun 6, 2022 at 10:42 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    OMG guys the Haltech w/ Gabe’s tune made a night and days difference for the Magnuson‼️ :yes:
    @BassAckwards you really should contact Gabe about the tune for the new Turbo.
    He wants me to get a Windows laptop (My wife’s an Apple freak) to send him more info the more I drive it. He’s also now going to work with someone he knows about redesigning the factory air box. I told him Gage this truck will never ever see an oil K&N filter. We, K&N and I have history so never again!
    I ordered two new Magnaflow mufflers a 5” round x 14” for a resonator w/ a 5 x 11 x 22 muffler so I need to find a welder / fabricator for an exhaust system.

:popcorn:

BassAckwards[OP] likes this.
  15. Jun 7, 2022 at 9:02 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Oiled filters are fine for MAP sensor vehicle. Dry filters are a requirement for MAF sensor vehicles. Now that you have a MAP sensor on the Haltech tuning things, you won't have to worry about it either way.

Dry filters are still less hassle though.

16. Jun 7, 2022 at 12:46 PM
    BassAckwards

BassAckwards [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    AWD Turbo 2TR-FE
    Hell yeah man that’s awesome news! Id really like to have him tune my truck but unfortunately the funds for a Haltech aren’t in the budget at the moment. If I stick with the 2TR platform in the long term, then I will definitely go this route.
    Glad you’re stoked with the truck! We need a video once youve got it back.

does the maggy blower whine? That is one thing I hate about the urd blower. No boosty noises

17. Jun 7, 2022 at 12:54 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    Sir, with all do respect it’s not the oil on the filter, It’s the filter itself. I’ve had TWO that let SHIT LOADS OF SAND AND DIRT pass through the NEW filter element. They let so much sand pass the NEW filter after idling for about 45 minutes one cold and windy morning at the sand dunes trying to stay warm running the truck for the heater. That on the way back home the truck stop running! The intake tube was full of sand causing the MAF to have major issues. Not just the one on my truck at the time but also a new one I installed on my Jerry Hall built Suzuki 500 LT Quad Zila. The carb was full of sand and this caused the top end to need to be rebuilt and a rod bearing replaced.
    So I will NEVER EVER use a K&N filter again. Sent both to K&N to inspect and they said nothing can can do. Wouldn’t even refund the price of the filters! This is the truth so K&N can pound sand and :jerkoff:… I have absolutely no reason to make this up! It still to this day pisses me off. F**k K&N and their filters.

*Edit*
    Sorry buddy for the late reply, I was still out of town on my old iPhone 6 and I have fat thumbs! (I have a newer iPhone but I’m waiting for the 6 to die but it my never so I should just start using the newer one)
    Yes it whines pretty good but the factory air box mutes a lot of it.
    As for a video I’ve never done one plus Gabe wants me to do some remote Data logging. I need to buy a Windows something to Data log. He wants to keep checking the tune and have me send close up photos of a spark plug. I *think* I’m one of the first ones to get this 1500 Haltech that plugs directly into the Tacoma now that they got Toyota connectors. I looked on their website and couldn’t find what I have now on Haltech website. But truthfully I don’t know.
    I will say Gabe really cares about his work and wants his customers to be happy!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Torspd[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jun 7, 2022 at 3:39 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Filter media, oiled or not, still need to be of good quality. Not lessened because the oil is supposed to "make up the difference."

Agreed.

Hayrider and BassAckwards[OP] like this.
  19. Jun 8, 2022 at 2:43 PM
    Hayrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Hey You…
    Convection Oven AZ
    Vehicle:
    Torspd likes this.
  20. Jun 9, 2022 at 7:10 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Time to see this truck hitting a road course or autocross day! Maybe even a drag strip. :D

Hayrider[QUOTED] and BananaMan like this.
To Top