1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2TR Performance Parts!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by LsuMeDesigner, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
  2. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    LsuMeDesigner

LsuMeDesigner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alright for anyone interested I started the build thread under the build section, with the name SupraYota

3. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Link? I didn't see it.

4. Jan 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    LsuMeDesigner

Member:
  5. Jan 27, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    LsuMeDesigner

Member:
    I gave up on 2tr because there is no aftermarket support. I would have to spend time researching, designing, and developing all my own parts. I just don't have the time with my work schedule right now.

I chose the GE over GTE because they are not very different and the GE is much cheaper and easier to get a hold of. I'm the type of person that is going to tear a part an engine if it's used before I just slap it in. If I'm going inside the engine I might as well get the GE and upgrade it.

6. Jan 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Wikipedia has the dimensions listed.

As far as rods being forged, I highly doubt it, since it isn't classified as a GZE or GTE engine. Most likely they are the same powder cast steel rods. Inherently weak as well as thin which makes them structurally weak as well. I would also place money that the pistons are hypereutectic pistons.

Crank I am sure will handle plenty of power though. If it is anything like the 1GR crank which has been tested to over 630 whp and ~620-650 wtq.

Sending out a rod and piston to a manufacturer would make it super easy to have a set made. Being a 4 cyl., it wouldn't be expensive either. Relatively.

7. Jan 28, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Pretty sure that they are 10:1 compression as well. You can always try talking with Omar at Joe Meyer's Toyota, on Eldridge and 290.

8. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    franzcars

franzcars I'm different, in a different way

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ST.louis MO
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Taco I4
    Plasti-dipped rims, blacked out Taco logos, small interior mods, AFE prodry drop-in, DJM 3/4 drop, Viper alarm, Power locks, Fogs, Viper 305 alarm, Kenwood HU
    SingleCabGuy have any luck getting the rods and pistons? I was reading around and like other I wonder how similar the rods are to the 3gr and was wondering if you had any luck

9. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    franzcars

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ST.louis MO
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Taco I4
    Plasti-dipped rims, blacked out Taco logos, small interior mods, AFE prodry drop-in, DJM 3/4 drop, Viper alarm, Power locks, Fogs, Viper 305 alarm, Kenwood HU
    Damn, what happened to the rod and piston you ordered?

10. Apr 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  11. Apr 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    franzcars

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    ST.louis MO
    Vehicle:
    08 Base Taco I4
    That's why SingleCab got a piston and rods, which i might be doing when i get a job. All parts will need to be custom made, and we're basing it off of the fact that we might have a forged crank. So we'd need to get a custom manifold, figure out what to do with the air valve, tuning, injectors and a few other things. But since my parents wont allow me to have another car, might as well make due with what i have

Products Discussed in

To Top