1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" lift heights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HILOTOY, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Nov 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY [OP] HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 trd 4wd off road,tow pack
    ok I just measured the height from ground to bottom lip of fenders.
    front right 38 1/4"
    front left 38"
    rear right 39 1/8"
    rear left 39 3/8

right now I am running 265/70/16 mich x rads... 885s w/ ome 140s and spacer in front and 182s w/ aal in rear..... am I in the ballpark or should the front be another inch up??? Anyone know what the stock height is...i was so stoked about the lift, I forgot to measure the heights pre lift. I remember reading somewhere that heights were about 39" with this setup.... I am installing new TC UCAs tomorrow:D and hope it evens out the front measurements. When I installed the lift last week, the front heights were even at 38 1/2". Is this the settling in period or is she going to sink more???? Any suggestions......... :cool:

Big MAHALO to TOKU,CHRIS 4x4, JANSTER, and all the TW members who shared their manao (knowledge) with me :D

2. Nov 14, 2008 at 10:49 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    On a Rock in the middle of the Pacific
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler!
    21' TRD OffRoad 2" 887 OME on Bilstein 5100's. 285/70R17 General Grabbers G3 17x8.5" Icon TRD wheels (Gun metal gray) 4.75" BS
    Actually that is fairly good.

With 33" tires and the 885's my truck sat at 39.25" So since you are running 31" tires that is about what you should be at.;)

Probably when you first measured it, you just put the truck on the ground. when you measure the truck, drive it around the block and. (Let things settle)
    Then with the wheel straight, measure your truck. (don't measure the height if the wheels are turned)

After you install the UCA's your truck will be a different height.

It's the tilt of the tire.

Wait until you get a good alignment done then that will be your final height.

Positive Camber vs. Negative Camber can change the height as much as 2". So get the Camber to 0* and that will be the true height.

3. Nov 15, 2008 at 12:23 AM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY [OP] HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    Mahalo again TOKU .....going to my friends house tomorrow to install the UCAs;) and try and get alignment as close as I can......still trying to decide on 17s or 18s then get a good alignment, I hope:cool:...........will get some pics up when I finish UCAs........... STOOOKKED:D:D:D

4. Nov 15, 2008 at 4:46 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Those numbers ae right on. Sounds like you got about 3.5" of lift. It should settle to about 3" even. With the 32's, 885's and no spacer, Im right at 38.25" in the front. :) I think Silver06TRD did an UCA install right up that might help you with the install. :)

5. Nov 16, 2008 at 12:46 AM
    HILOTOY

HILOTOY [OP] HILOTOY

Member:
    From Big Island
    Vehicle:
    finished up the ucas today.............sitting at 37 3/4" now about a eighth off the pass and the drivers........ put in the urd short shifter.....very nice and crisp....enough mods for now..........holidays.....will take alot of pics tomorrow and try to post them up ............Mahalo pleennnyyyy:D:D:D

MODS TO DATE ( bought in sept..... 2 months ago )

IKH 20 densos
    TRD CAI, TRD oil cap
    Gibson catback exhaust
    3" OME lift, diff drop. bearing spacer
    TC UCAs
    URD sshift
    URD maf cal (gotta install)
    Aires bull bar

Will do Alignment next week..........rims and tires will be next.........year:D

Products Discussed in

To Top