1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift Questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by luk8272, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Mar 6, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I know this topic has been beat to death, but please bare with me.
    Say we are putting a 3" lift on usig the spacers in the front and a block in the back.

1) Is the block 1" or 1.5"?

2) Brake lines, are they good enough or do I need longer ones. I am sure they are fine for on the road but I will be hitting some trails, hills and rocks.

3) There is the differential drop, sounds good to me but what about droping the transmission and the transfercase? When lifting old vehicles we would performe these.

4) Would new Upper control arms be a wise idea. I know using the spacers will change the camber on the control arms and ball joints.

I have been looking around on here and other places but I just have some doubt about putting the lift on my truck. I am leaning towards toytec. Loyality.

2. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    1) the block size all depends on what look u want in the rear.
    2) the brake lines are long enough to have my tsb+2" blocks in the back and have slack
    3) some people have done shimming in the back
    4) on a 3" i dont think u'd need them, just get an alighment. if u went 6", i'd definately say so

3. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I would like to lift it the 3" and have it end up level.
    A few ppl on here had been recommending droping the differential. If that is lowered then wouldn't it make sense to lower the others?

4. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    My lift is 1.5 block in the back + the TSB, and it's level to look at (tho I haven't measured). I have the diff drop, but don't know the answer to the other question-sorry.

5. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    oops..yeah, 4x4's usually drop the diff at 3" or so

6. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:44 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

When they replaced my leaf springs they replaced it with only 3 not the four that other ppl have. I just want my truck to appear level being perfect isn't necessary. How many springs did you get?

7. Mar 6, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    the tsb gives u four...you need to have them check that. and it should lift the rear up about 1 1/4"

8. Mar 6, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I noticed it at the dealership, when I asked they told me that it was the new 08 springs. As soon as the ground dries up I will drive to the back yard and load the truck up with some blocks and see.

9. Mar 6, 2008 at 6:08 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    some people were having issues w/ the wrong springs getting sent to the dealers, as well as them putting the wrong ones on. one dealer even put a 3 pack on one side and a 4 pack on the other w/o thinking something was wrong. the tsb calls for 4 leafs

10. Mar 6, 2008 at 6:16 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I'll be calling the dealer in the morning to ask a few questions to my service guy just to pick his brain, then I'll have to go from there.

By the way your truck looks good.

11. Mar 6, 2008 at 6:25 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    thanks...yeah, everyone else that has gotten the tsb done correctly, has 4 leafs now. swapping out the 3 for 3 does absolutely nothing.

12. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Thats what I was thinking but didn't have any legs to stand on when I was told that they were the new ones. Just need the ground to dry up enough to drive into the back yard without tearing it up.

13. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:17 PM
    Jake

Jake Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab - Silver
    Bed D-Rings, Speaker Upgrade using TacoTunes Kit, Hitch w/ wire kit, Suspension TRB, More mods in process...
    This is an excellent dealer that is very willing to help with lift options. They helped me with my Ford Excursion lift. I am ordering my Tacoma parts from them and doing my own install.
    http://www.sdhqoffroad.com/index.asp

14. Mar 6, 2008 at 7:40 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    jhodge already answered it, but yeah, I got the 4 pak.

Products Discussed in

To Top