1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift with 295/75/R16???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ETaco23, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender
    Ive been debating on If I should go a little bigger on my next tire. Im ganna be getting the Dynapro MT's, But not sure If I should go for the 295/75's. They come out to about a 33.5" tall tire. So how much, If any rubbing do you think I will have?
    Thanks!

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    some rubbing but why do you wanna stuff such a huge tire dont you want some room for flexing

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender
    yeah, but I think the 285's just dont fill the wheel well very good. maybe its the tire? I know my bfg's arent a true 33, so maybe when I go with the Dynapro's which are sappose to be a true 33, it will fill the wheels wells better....

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    You will have no traction in the snow or even possibly whn it's wet. I had 285's and went back to 265. I've never looked into this but can you get 33" tires with the width.
    I also didn't like the extra sidewall going to a bigger tire. I already took off the swaybar ANd I had too much roll around the corners. It may be worth it to find a used set on craigslist. You'll know then how much they rub and whether you like the bigger tire

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    Pura Vida Pedro

Pura Vida Pedro Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x 6' bed
    Fox Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's (heim joints) Deaver Rear Springs (9ply) w fox 2.0 Piggybacks. KMC blacks, 289 Toyo Open Country mudders, Schrockworks Winchbumper, w Warn 8000M,wireless remote. 7" PIAA white driving lights, 4" PIAA foglights (integrated into bumper), Warn M8000 winch.bushwacker fender flares w custom bolt heads, powdercoated black. Custom Headache rack w lights on the way...
    i have a 2011 Tacoma 4x with a 3" revtek lift, and295 Toyo MT's - the idiots at 4Wheel Parts told me "oh no problem buddy - you wont rub!" And after they sold me the new set of tires, rims and a lift (+/- $3,500 package!) - i had nothing but problems. Afterwards, when I went back to ask WTF?!? ...they were like" oh, yeah, sorry...each tacoma is a little bit different...theres no way we could have known. (except for the fact that its their job to know)
    So, it took ME on my own to find & purchase the proper wheel spacers (1.5") to avoid cont'd rubbing on the frame, plus quite a bit of cutting on the body mounts (for when the wheel is cranked all the way right or left), as well as removal & replacement of the stock fender flares (upgraded to bushwacker pocket style) to finally solve the problem. If I were to do it all over again - I would just go with 285's and have probably less than 1/2 the problems I had with the 295 tire...not to mention getting more wheel travel wouldnt be too bad either...just dont give business to 4wheel parts - that is total BS that they would sell something that, clearly, does not work for shit.

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Revtek = fail

4wp = more fail

posted via :sandwich:

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Who wants to come rescue me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Stuff.
    305/70 is a 33x12.

8. Jun 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    liguy

liguy Active Member

Member:
    Massapequa, NY
    Vehicle:
    B2600i
    well, just got the truck... with BFG All-Terrain 295/75R16's and 3"/2" level/lift kit.

teddy with tires 4.jpg

To Top