1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift with 295/75/R16???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ETaco23, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender, OME lift and 285 BFG KO2, Spidertrax spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Ive been debating on If I should go a little bigger on my next tire. Im ganna be getting the Dynapro MT's, But not sure If I should go for the 295/75's. They come out to about a 33.5" tall tire. So how much, If any rubbing do you think I will have?
    Thanks!

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    some rubbing but why do you wanna stuff such a huge tire dont you want some room for flexing

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Bed Extender, OME lift and 285 BFG KO2, Spidertrax spacers, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    yeah, but I think the 285's just dont fill the wheel well very good. maybe its the tire? I know my bfg's arent a true 33, so maybe when I go with the Dynapro's which are sappose to be a true 33, it will fill the wheels wells better....

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 7:31 PM
    matthew5olson

matthew5olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matthew
    pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 ext cab 3.4L 5spd 4x4 sr5
    K&N cold air intake, doug thorley headers, rear sensor simulator, flowmaster 40 series, magnecor plug wires, Royal Purple synthetic gear lube, airaid throttle body spacer, Hyperground system, flex-a-lite elec fan.
    You will have no traction in the snow or even possibly whn it's wet. I had 285's and went back to 265. I've never looked into this but can you get 33" tires with the width.
    I also didn't like the extra sidewall going to a bigger tire. I already took off the swaybar ANd I had too much roll around the corners. It may be worth it to find a used set on craigslist. You'll know then how much they rub and whether you like the bigger tire

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    Pura Vida Pedro

Pura Vida Pedro Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x 6' bed
    Fox Coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's (heim joints) Deaver Rear Springs (9ply) w fox 2.0 Piggybacks. KMC blacks, 289 Toyo Open Country mudders, Schrockworks Winchbumper, w Warn 8000M,wireless remote. 7" PIAA white driving lights, 4" PIAA foglights (integrated into bumper), Warn M8000 winch.bushwacker fender flares w custom bolt heads, powdercoated black. Custom Headache rack w lights on the way...
    i have a 2011 Tacoma 4x with a 3" revtek lift, and295 Toyo MT's - the idiots at 4Wheel Parts told me "oh no problem buddy - you wont rub!" And after they sold me the new set of tires, rims and a lift (+/- $3,500 package!) - i had nothing but problems. Afterwards, when I went back to ask WTF?!? ...they were like" oh, yeah, sorry...each tacoma is a little bit different...theres no way we could have known. (except for the fact that its their job to know)
    So, it took ME on my own to find & purchase the proper wheel spacers (1.5") to avoid cont'd rubbing on the frame, plus quite a bit of cutting on the body mounts (for when the wheel is cranked all the way right or left), as well as removal & replacement of the stock fender flares (upgraded to bushwacker pocket style) to finally solve the problem. If I were to do it all over again - I would just go with 285's and have probably less than 1/2 the problems I had with the 295 tire...not to mention getting more wheel travel wouldnt be too bad either...just dont give business to 4wheel parts - that is total BS that they would sell something that, clearly, does not work for shit.

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:12 AM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    Revtek = fail

4wp = more fail

posted via :sandwich:

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    305/70 is a 33x12.

8. Jun 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    liguy

liguy Active Member

Member:
    Massapequa, NY
    Vehicle:
    B2600i
    well, just got the truck... with BFG All-Terrain 295/75R16's and 3"/2" level/lift kit.

teddy with tires 4.jpg

To Top