1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3-Way Front Stage

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by azTRD, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Getting the carpet out wasn't that bad. You just need to take out all the..
    -Seats
    -Center Console
    -All door trim on the floor
    -Kick panels

You deaden any surface you deem to be resonant. I use my "tap test" to see if it rings when struck.Obviously, everything rings to an extent so you just need to decide what your standards are. Do the doors for sure. Large broad flat surfaces are prime areas for deadener. I'll be using mass loaded vinyl and some other goodies as well in my install.

My deadener should arrive today so check for the build in the coming weeks.

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    dreamnz

dreamnz Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Suspension: Camburg Spindles, Bilstein 5100s, Deaver Leafs, BFGs Audio: IDQ 10 in "Marv" box - Hybrid Audio L6 mid bass/ L4 mids / L1 ProSE tweets - RF Power / Arc Amps...BitOne.1 to control it all.
    It's hard to tell how much the stick out from pictures. Do they interfere with your parking brake or get in the way of your feet at all?

3. Oct 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    I will stand behind my 1st statements, 3 way systems are NOT easy to do correctly. IF, you have a talented tuner then yes you will benefit. For the average consumer a simple 2 way is the way to go. (.......)

4. Dec 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM
    dreamnz

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Suspension: Camburg Spindles, Bilstein 5100s, Deaver Leafs, BFGs Audio: IDQ 10 in "Marv" box - Hybrid Audio L6 mid bass/ L4 mids / L1 ProSE tweets - RF Power / Arc Amps...BitOne.1 to control it all.
    I'm going for it. Here's what I got so far. We'll see how it turns out...

resized_34dd70601a1b4bf929e33483eac0997f1192404f.jpg

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM
    azTRD

azTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks good man... Hybrid Audio seems to be the new fad. I'd love to see pictures of the a-pilars installed when you finish. Are you going with the L8's in the doors?

6. Dec 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    dreamnz

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    I have L6s in the doors now and I'm pretty happy with them. I might consider L8s down the line if I can fit them and this 3-way setup works out.

The L8s might be a bit deep though. I've seen Dynaudio 8s in these doors before. They're shallower. Another option for more midbass would be the Image Dynamics x69.

It never ends... First off, I'm going to need another couple channels of amplification with this new setup since it's all active. For now, the speakers in the rears doors will have to get disconnected, which is probably best while trying to tune the front stage anyways.

Products Discussed in

To Top