1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film question

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by epa4wd, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    I just purchased a roll of 3M Scotchgard paint protection film to do some stuff in the plotter for my brother's truck and mine, it says it can be removed from the car/truck without leaving residue, but I'm wondering how true is this, so if someone has removed a 3M film from their car/truck before please let me know how difficult it was and if it really does not leave anything behind.

Thanks!

2. Apr 19, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    Tech1

Tech1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Hi Guys,

Recently had this installed on my 2012 Tacoma complete front end kit, but had to remove due to the job being done incorrectly causing whistling noise and bubbles and ends coming up. I removed it myself took a little time but wasn't to bad.When removing film don't pull back, pull up and towards you this will prevent leaving film adhesive behind and prevent any cloudiness.

Just a note for people living in San Diego Ca area Pacific Auto Film was the place
    that did mine, and in my experience and my opinion he did an awful job I can only speak from my experience located in Escondido Ca so do lots research to prevent any headaches or issues .

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top