1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd GEN Front DIFF vibrations

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by 2017 TRD Taco, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Dec 17, 2018 at 2:01 PM
    Kohan21n

Kohan21n A caffeine dependent life form - IG @dizzy.trd

Member:
    Nazareth, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB MGM 6MT
    Sub'd for the solution. I had the same noise but only slowing down and around 20/30mph. I did the ECGS bushing and it fixed it. I hear it maybe very slightly but I am not worried about it. But sub'd for maybe down the road solutions.

I would remove the carrier bearing drop and see what happens there. Very easy to remove and who knows. Could be something as simple as that.

2. Jan 4, 2019 at 3:24 PM
    Hookedup

Hookedup Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SOFLO
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB SPORT/ 2019 OR DCSB
    FOX 2.5 DSC/ICON RXT/SPC UCA
    Damn.. read the whole thread.. any solution yet?? I’m about to install the same stuff on my 19’ OR Fox 2.5, Icon RXT, i have not ordered any shims, diff drop or cb drop.. would like to know what ended up working Incase i run ito issues

SkyLife likes this.
  3. Apr 16, 2019 at 10:07 PM
    SkyLife

SkyLife Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Magnetic Tacoma TRD Sport
    Supreme suspensions 3/2 Leveling kit w/ lean spacer, diff drop, CBS drop, rear angle shims, 33x12.50r18 BFG Km3's, Fuel couplers, Squadron sports mounted with brackets I made. =]
    I had a vibe start on passenger side and it was barely noticable. Just when I would hook a hard left into a tight parking space. Now I did a 3/2 level w/all the goodies and it's become more noticable. It almost has a "cyclic hum" at various speeds...35-45 mph and very noticable at 60mph. I know the dealer will just say it's the leveling kit...even though I am 100 percent sure it was happening before the kit and is just more distinct since installing it. Anyone have anything on this yet?

Products Discussed in

To Top