1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen Shell Brake Light Wiring

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by awwbugman, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Oct 23, 2020 at 9:19 AM
    awwbugman

awwbugman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kings/Deavers/SPCs 35x10.5 Kendas, LRA FuelTank, WARN Zeon10s SDHQ mount, Switch Pro, LightForce rock lights, reverse light & Lightbar, Baja Design Squadron Pro fogs, CaliRaised Sliders, RLD Canopy, Odyssey group 31, Dometic CFX3-55IM
    I've searched with no success, I'm looking for a COTS connector that will serve as a pass through to the taillight, with a split to power my canopies third brake light. This is because I'd prefer not to hard wire the existing vehicle wiring and a part of this sort should be relatively simple and cheap. I'm guessing I'm going to have to make one, but if anyone knows of this, please let me know.

2. Oct 26, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    awwbugman

awwbugman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kings/Deavers/SPCs 35x10.5 Kendas, LRA FuelTank, WARN Zeon10s SDHQ mount, Switch Pro, LightForce rock lights, reverse light & Lightbar, Baja Design Squadron Pro fogs, CaliRaised Sliders, RLD Canopy, Odyssey group 31, Dometic CFX3-55IM
  3. Nov 1, 2020 at 2:31 AM
    Mtn Mike

Mtn Mike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC
    I believe canopy dealers/installers use what you're describing for their installs. I'd check with a canopy dealer. You could also modify a wiring harness designed for a 4 prong trailer plug. (Just use the brake and ground wires). They're plug and play with no splicing or cutting.

awwbugman[OP] likes this.
  4. Nov 4, 2020 at 11:33 AM
    EvergreenOffroad

EvergreenOffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Auburn, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OFF-ROAD
    Interesting, I will have to double check but I think the 3rd brake light in my Alucab only has two wires, so I may not have a running light, only off or on when brakes are activated. Something like this would definitely make powering it easier though.

awwbugman[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top