1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen Tacoma 3.5L Forced Induction Port Fuel Rail Group Buy

Discussion in 'Automotive Group Buys' started by JamesT, May 21, 2022.

1. Aug 31, 2022 at 4:43 AM
    Supr4Lo

Supr4Lo Well-Known Ken

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB Offroad MT, Supercharged, NWF Eco-Crawler, 4.88's Locked F&R on 35's
    @JamesT Add me to the list for fuel rails and supercharger hose kit.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    JamesT[OP] likes this.
  2. Sep 7, 2022 at 8:33 PM
    Lucky-BFMC

Lucky-BFMC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Spokane WA
    Please add me to the list for rails and supercharger hose kit.

3. Sep 7, 2022 at 9:13 PM
    Jimmyturbo

Jimmyturbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma trd off road
    Icon stage 8 long travel suspension
    @JamesT could you please add me to the list for the fuel rail if that is still possible.

thanks again for all your work and help to us with FI on the 3.5

4. Sep 11, 2022 at 7:22 AM
    JamesT

JamesT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Update:

Still waiting on shortage parts. The fuel sensor adapters are almost done and should be here in a couple weeks. I ordered 100 to be made. The one other part I'm waiting for is only made by one company and they are STILL backordered despite them telling me they would be in stock 01 September.

Companies are just ignoring me now when I ask for updates. This is the trend nowadays. If I don't get them soon, I will take steps to replace this part with a more readily available version. This will require 2 parts instead of 1, which I'm really trying to avoid. I've got most of the kits standing by waiting for this.

I really apologize for this guys.

5. Sep 11, 2022 at 10:02 AM
    o313

o313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    N
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCLB AT SC
    Man, No apologies and I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say I appreciate the honesty and hard work!

6. Sep 11, 2022 at 10:03 AM
    mZiggy

mZiggy Honey badger; VFPro licensed; YotaWerx Tuning

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra SR5; 2020 4R TRD Pro; 2008 4R SR5 v8
    @JamesT is a stand up guy, ready enjoying working with him.

7. Sep 17, 2022 at 1:03 PM
    Zoey'sTaco

Zoey'sTaco Art Jockey

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Dirty Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB SR5, Daily, camper-hauler, blizzard chaser, rock bouncer, tool box
    6112/5160/Maggie SC Hammer Hangers Tom Woods 1 piece Shaft ARE-DCU ARE HD leafs Rear Seat delete
    im in. Please let me know if there is still room in your list. Id like the rail and hose kit for the sc. Question: @mZiggy will this kit allow us to skip the 87mm pulley and go right to the 84? with a suitable tune, of course.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    JamesT[OP] likes this.
  8. Sep 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Latest update: One of the shortage parts are on the way, but the last one will arrive the first week of October (or so I'm told). I have everything ready and as soon as I get the last item thrown into each box, all shipments will go out pretty quickly.

Sorry about all of the delays guys, and thank you for being patient.

The good news is I have 124 fuel pressure adapters enroute, so there will be plenty for this and future runs. I will reach out to each person individually for payment and to ensure the kit is still wanted once I have the shipment ready. Thanks!

9. Sep 22, 2022 at 12:27 PM
    AnotherUser256

AnotherUser256 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Magnuson TVS1900 Supercharger with 87mm pulley, Catted OVTune dumptubes, Doug Thorley 2.5in y-pipe, custom mufflers, 76mm Tundra throttle body, 5.29 Yukon gears, JamesT custom fuel rails, Yotawerx 87mm tune, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension. And some other stuff.
    Awesome!! Really excited about this. Also very excited to see what Yotawerxs can do with their tune based on the improved fuel flow!!

mZiggy likes this.
  10. Sep 29, 2022 at 11:31 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Great news, I just got notification that my final shortage part is in stock. My shortage should be fulfilled pretty quickly, but also I placed another order on top of it for a whole bunch to be safe. I should have them next week sometime. I will start prepping shipments as soon as the last piece arrives and start contacting everyone for payment. Thanks for the patience!

Also at this time, all black anodized have been spoken for. I have 1 set of un-anodized test rails left (exact same just without the black anodizing). I will be placing another order for more rails pretty soon, but they take around 5-6 weeks for production.

11. Oct 10, 2022 at 6:30 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Shipments will begin this week. I will contact each buyer individually for payment and shipping as I get to their order. I will verify your order details with you as well prior to payment.

In an effort to prevent any issues I will be doing Quality Control on every kit to verify there are no missing parts or defects. I'm only one person and I have a day job, so please be patient as I work to fulfill this large order. Today is a holiday so the first shipments will start going out tomorrow. Thank you everyone for sticking with me through this long process.

RedLantern, o313, JustDSM and 3 others like this.
  12. Oct 10, 2022 at 8:35 AM
    AnotherUser256

Member:
    Magnuson TVS1900 Supercharger with 87mm pulley, Catted OVTune dumptubes, Doug Thorley 2.5in y-pipe, custom mufflers, 76mm Tundra throttle body, 5.29 Yukon gears, JamesT custom fuel rails, Yotawerx 87mm tune, Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension. And some other stuff.
    James,

I am going on vacation here in a couple days and won't return till 10/24. If you like I can send you the money before then or after I get back. Let me know what you prefer.

13. Oct 24, 2022 at 5:48 PM
    Pinchaser

Pinchaser Flipper Crazy

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma ECU 04B82 AT
    James,

Fuel rails arrived last week, and i just have to say NICE!

I probably will not install till spring, getting close to taking this truck off the road for another winter. But the fuel rails and hoses could not be more professional looking. Very nicely done!

Thank you!

14. Oct 27, 2022 at 5:44 PM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Alright everyone. I'm down to the last bunch of kits. Thank you all for being patient. At this point I have 12 kits left. 11 Anodized and 1 unfinished aluminum (this one will go for $130 rails only or $300 for the full kit). Please let me know if you are interested in the unfinished rails at a reduced price. I will only offer this set to someone that requests it.

That being said, I have not heard from a number of the individuals who have stated they wanted a kit. I've been holding these kits for those individuals, but am getting additional requests.

I'm going to give all of these individuals until Monday, 31 October, to respond. If they do not, I will move them to the back of the list. Once these 12 kits are gone, it will be a few months before I get any more, probably Jan/Feb timeframe at the soonest. I apologize for this, but it's unfair to keep interested individuals waiting.

If you are one of those individuals and you are not interested in a kit any longer, please do me a favor and let me know so that I can take you off the list and offer the kit to someone else.

15. Nov 2, 2022 at 8:13 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    I have 10 Fuel Rail kits left and ready to ship, plus the 1 un-anodized fuel rail kit. All kits have Fuel Hoses included. Cost is $340 (300 for un-anodized).

These are first come first serve.

Send me a PM if you would like to purchase a kit.

cemented and JustDSM like this.
  16. Nov 3, 2022 at 5:15 AM
    Supr4Lo

Supr4Lo Well-Known Ken

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Surprise, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCSB Offroad MT, Supercharged, NWF Eco-Crawler, 4.88's Locked F&R on 35's
    Anyone that already installed these rails with supercharger was there any issues with reusing the existing seals on the supercharger lid and lower manifold? Also whats the best mess free way to empty the coolant form the CAC and reservoir? Got my rails and hose kit and might have time to install this weekend.

17. Nov 3, 2022 at 5:38 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Yes you can reuse the rubber seals, just lightly coat them with oil.

There is no easy way to drain the reservoir and CAC without losing coolant. Nothing fits under the reservoir to catch coolant. You can try following the lower reservoir line down to the heat exchanger connection and drain it there so you can get a large pan or bucket under it.

Quickest way is to accept that you'll lose 1-2 qts of coolant. If you disconnect the reservoir from the CAC, you can loop the lines onto the reservoir to prevent excess loss, or you can unbolt the reservoir, tilt it so the hose ports are angled up, and then disconnect and loop the lines.

Supr4Lo likes this.
  18. Nov 15, 2022 at 5:14 AM
    AnotherUser256

Member:
    Installed these over the weekend (for Supercharger application). Install wasn't too bad at all. Only needed to remove the top part of the SC. Bad thing is I crushed one of the o-rings on one of the injectors and didn't notice it. Put the whole thing back together and on start-up it gushed out fuel. Took the whole thing back apart, rails back off and replaced the o-ring. Then put it all back together again.

My suggestion would be: Be very careful when putting the injectors in the rail, watch the o-ring go into the boss correctly. Also would be a good idea to have a couple extra o-rings on hand before doing the work. It took me a couple hours driving around to different auto parts stores to find an o-ring that would work.

mZiggy likes this.
  19. Nov 15, 2022 at 5:24 AM
    JamesT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro, MT
    Apply clean motor oil to the seals before installing and carefully twist and rock the injector as you seat it into the rail to ensure it compresses properly. All of the rails have a lip machined into each injector boss to assist with installing the seal.

20220728_163540.jpg

virginiamarine and mZiggy like this.
  20. Nov 15, 2022 at 7:55 AM
    AnotherUser256

Member:
    If only I had followed that guidance (as detailed in the install instructions) I could have saved myself several hours of work.

My issue was that I didn't visually confirm the injectors were going in without pinching the seal. I guess I got lucky on 5 of them, since those worked without issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top