1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3rd Gen Top On A 2nd Gen?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by MolonLabeTaco, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Sep 27, 2018 at 8:03 PM
    MolonLabeTaco

MolonLabeTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4x4 OR
    I've seen lots of threads about "will a 2nd gen camper fit a 3rd Gen" but not the other way around. Supposedly the 3rd gen has a 1" taller bed so a 2nd gen top will stick up 1" higher than the cab. That means it'd be 1" shorter on a 2nd gen & I'm okay with that. There's more 3rd gen tops available around here than 2nd gen is why I'm asking (been looking since Feb. but I have a SofTopper so not in a bind @ the moment). The question is the rear window fitment. Does anybody have any pic's of a 3rd gen topper on a 2nd gen? Thanks.

2. Sep 28, 2018 at 4:02 PM
    roguegs

roguegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angelo
    Vehicle:
    V8 T4R
    Went from 3rd Gen Taco to 3GT4R to 2nd Gen Taco and finally a V8 4GT4R.
    The bed dimensions aren't the only difference too its the way the roof line curves and also the tailgate shape. 3rd gen tailgate is thicker (looking at it) than the second gen which is kind of flat. Also from what I hear the railings are also at different heights in comparison to the 2nd to 3rd gen.

MolonLabeTaco[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top